Axe FX2 for Guitar/11R as Recording Interface

rrogers

Inspired
Is anyone else doing this?

I have incredibly low latency/zero glitches with soft synths with my 11R as my interface, so I hate to use anything else.

Running analog out from Axe to analog in on the 11R works fine, but I am having trouble with digital out on the Axe to digital in on the 11R.

The only issue I have with using the Axe as the interface is the latency with Komplete instruments increases significantly and I end up with a considerable amount of popping on playback (just on the VI tracks).

For some reason, the 11R does not have those issues. Given the low resale of the 11R, I thought I would just keep it around as an audio interface.

I'm going on a limb here as I'm still new to the axe fx but here are a few ideas:

-maybe the 11R has less latency because it is running at a lower sampling rate (44.1) and the axefx is locked at 48 which does have an impact on your computer's cpu and latency...

- Another thing could be that when you are running your axefx as the interface, make sure you set up your DAW correctly as incorrect set up may cause issues as well.

- also, if your DAW allows it, set up to only use one or two channels from the axe instead of all 4 so it will be less cpu intensive.

Now, to correct your digital issue when you connect from the axefx to the 11r, make sure you make the 11r to run at the same sampling rate of the axefx if not it will not work properly.

Checked everything mentioned so far - all good.

Changed my recording drive and sample storage drive to Glyphs and the problem went away. I've always looked at the "studio grade" storage solutions as hype, but moving to those drives fixed my problems.

I may end up selling the 11R after all. Latency is now a non-issue with Komplete and the Axe. The 11R and my FCB1010 would cover a good bit of the cost of a MFC.

The Axe only outputs 48KHz from it's digital connections. Looking at page 69 of the manual located >here< you want to make sure your clock source is set to external.

Back
Top Bottom