Axe FX XL+ with Mesa Mark V Experiences ?

bread

Power User
Hi

Has anyone used an Axe FX XL+ with a Mesa Mark V ? If so could you please tell me if it works well in 4CM and how you are switch the channels ? I'm going to experiment with this with a Mini Amp Gizmo if I hear good things about it. In particular the noise levels - are they as good as the FX8 ?

Thanks in advance
"Bread"

I have the XL+ and Mark V, set up in the 4CM. I am using the Mini Amp Gizmo to do the switching over MIDI. Works great for me. I can't comment on the noise levels, but, at my volume levels (loud basement levels :) ), I have no complaints.

I have the XL+ and Mark V, set up in the 4CM. I am using the Mini Amp Gizmo to do the switching over MIDI. Works great for me. I can't comment on the noise levels, but, at my volume levels (loud basement levels :) ), I have no complaints.

Awesome thanks !

Are you switching the MAG via the MFC101 and if so where do you set the midi command for each scene please ?

Awesome thanks !

Are you switching the MAG via the MFC101 and if so where do you set the midi command for each scene please ?

Yes, I am using the MFC to change patches and, accordingly, make the necessary changes on the Mark V. I haven't looked hard enough to see if your can use Scene changes to toggle changes in the MAG. I think the MAG is more built to respond to the program change MIDI commands associated with changing patches.

The setup of the MAG is really easy. With everything connected, just select the patch you want, use the buttons on the front to set the Mark V's options, and hold the write button on the MAG to save.

Yes, I am using the MFC to change patches and, accordingly, make the necessary changes on the Mark V. I haven't looked hard enough to see if your can use Scene changes to toggle changes in the MAG. I think the MAG is more built to respond to the program change MIDI commands associated with changing patches.

The setup of the MAG is really easy. With everything connected, just select the patch you want, use the buttons on the front to set the Mark V's options, and hold the write button on the MAG to save.

Cool - thanks for your help :)

Back
Top Bottom