Axe FX XL Three year review and Repair Question

Paul Wildman

I really like the unit however out of nowhere I have recently experienced a memory IC chip failure (as i was told by tech support) and I have sent my unit back to FAS for repair which has now been with them for over 3.5 weeks.

Has anyone else experienced hardware electronic component failures after 2 to 3 years with very gentle use?

Does anyone know if it typically take 3+ weeks for repairs of this kind?

I really like the unit however out of nowhere I have recently experienced a memory IC chip failure (as i was told by tech support) and I have sent my unit back to FAS for repair which has now been with them for over 3.5 weeks.

Has anyone else experienced hardware electronic component failures after 2 to 3 years with very gentle use?

Does anyone know if it typically take 3+ weeks for repairs of this kind?

I can't speak for FAS, but I can tell you that my experience with them has been incredible each time. I've had 2-3 guys mailing me making sure I'm updated on the status of my repair usually followed by a call from Charlie, the guy that physically does the repairs. The company is VERY accessible. I would put a call into them or reply to the email they sent you. I would say if it's taking this long, there is a reason. They are usually a week or within a week for me. I've used their repair service 2 or 3 times with the same great results.

Call if you can. They bend over backwards for their customers. Do you still have the email they sent you on initial contact? Have you responded to it and not had a response from them? Honest when I tell you, they are as top notch with their support as they are with the credibility of their products.

As for the failure, thankfully I've not experienced anything like that. I have an XL+, an MKII an AX8, and a FX8. I leave them on constantly and beat on them on a daily basis. I've never had any issues like yours. Anything is possible of course, but rest assured...FAS will do their best to make sure it doesn't happen again. Call or send an email....you should hear something within 24 hours or less via email in MY experience.

The chips are surface-mounted so we have to send the board out for repair. I suggest emailing support and asking for the status.

Back
Top Bottom