Axe FX XL+ speaker question

Hello my fellow fractal users!

My question is speakers went out and currently have PC hooked straight into tv as the speaker source.I am able to tweak and add patches as well as set my settings, but getting no sound through the TV speakers.

Was hoping I wouldn’t need more equipment, so is there any work around to make the AXE play through the TV speakers?

If not, any cheap work around a would be greatly appreciated, as I just got laid off and tight on funds due to the pandemic.

Thanks In advance!

Easiest option would be to connect the Axe II directly to the TV speakers and set the Axe II as your playback device on your PC. Your PC's sound output would then go through the Axe II to the speakers and you could direct monitor your guitar at the same time.

I’m oblivious hahaha, but could I do that with a flat screen tv? Maybe a digital output wire? I just wouldn’t know where to begin with where the actual speaker would be on the tv.

If you don't have direct audio input to the TV, you might be able to use something like ASIO4ALL to combine the Axe II's inputs and outputs with those in your PC's audio interface and monitor things that way through software. It would probably add a little bit of latency though. Let me do some testing on mine and see if I can get it to work that way.

Alternatively, if your PC has a line input jack to its soundcard, you could connect the Axe II's analog outputs to that with an adapter cable and monitor that way as well.

Back
Top Bottom