Axe FX XL into Interface - which cables?

imrecs

Inspired
For Axe FX Output 1 L and R into my RME Fireface UC (which has 1/4" inputs)...short XLR to TRS balanced cables? Humbuster 1/4" unbalanced?

Thanks

Standard instrument cables should sound great, if not the same as the others you mentioned.

So TS is fine, and I don't need TRS? No benefit at all to balanced XLR > TRS? and Humbusters won't do anything differently?

I love the SPDIF idea! will that be stable for live performance?

My Fireface UC has SPDIF only...any benefit to getting a SPDIF to AES cable, or should RCA to RCA work just the same?

Last edited:
SPDIF works great for me with my XL and Edirol interface. Component video cables work great and are a much smarter buy than SPDIF cables. You probably have some already. Google the difference between component and composite cables to be sure. And while you are at it look up SPDIF cables.

When using SPDIF to connect AXE to Audio Interface you only need (1) cable correct (OUT of AXE and IN to Audio Interface box).....no need to go back OUT of AI and IN to AXE...correct?

YUP! You can use the standard 3 cable component video cable. If you want just one cable instead of 3 of them hanging there, some of them can be easily separated. I have some here that I just pulled apart like licorice. You have to make sure your audio interface is set to the same 48000 kHz rate as the Axe Fx.

Only the video cable (the yellow one) of the composite cables (the sets with red, yellow, and white tips) has the proper impedance. The other two do not. This shouldn't be a problem over short runs, but if you experience problems, this could be the culprit.

Only the video cable (the yellow one) of the composite cables (the sets with red, yellow, and white tips) has the proper impedance. The other two do not. This shouldn't be a problem over short runs, but if you experience problems, this could be the culprit.
Except He should use component cables...not composite cables....don't worry about whether you use green blue or red.

Component cables come in 5's. I thought you just confused the two since you said 3 and component. I confuse the two all the time. Lol. Anyway, there it is, either of the component cables or only the yellow composite cable.

Back
Top Bottom