Axe Fx with Sennheiser IEM 300

cdub

Inspired
I'm quite the novice when it comes to IEM, so I'm looking for some advice on the best way to run stereo IEMs. I'm borrowing a Sennheiser 300 IEM from a friend. Currently I'm running out1 and out2 of the Axe fx into the Sennheiser. I'm putting a stereo delay before the fx loop for out2 at 30ms with a mix of 100% which is giving me a great in ear sound. In a live setting I figure out1 will go to FOH & the sound guy will send back to me to mix in a little guitar, bass & vox & I will still be able to use output level 2 on the Axe fx to increase my guitar volume myself if needed. I suppose this will create an issue of only getting bass & vox in one side of my in-ears?
I suppose my question is - is there a way to run a stereo mix, but for me to still have the option to increase my own guitar volume by running out2 of the Axe fx directly into the in-ear system? Just looking for the best way to set this up & was really hoping not to have to buy a small mixer - both b/c I just don't want to haul another piece of gear, but more so b/c I'm really dumb when it comes to hooking this stuff up. This is how I currently have it connected just to test in out at home. Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_20150629_143808.jpg
    IMG_20150629_143808.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 31
will sound best if you get a small mixer, run your axe in 2 channels panned left and right, then bring the foh feed back to you without guitar, and put up the middle :)

it's not that bad.

I run my stereo IEMs like this- IEM is in my Axe rack. Left channel of Output 2 goes to IEM input 1 (left), left channel of Output 1 goes to our monitor rack (X32) which is split to FOH. Monitor rack sends me input to IEM input 2 (right). I do my own monitor mix from my iPad (or iPhone).

It's a mono mix of the band, but works perfectly for me. Gives me tons of my guitar (which I love) and I can mix to taste.

I run my stereo IEMs like this- IEM is in my Axe rack. Left channel of Output 2 goes to IEM input 1 (left), left channel of Output 1 goes to our monitor rack (X32) which is split to FOH. Monitor rack sends me input to IEM input 2 (right). I do my own monitor mix from my iPad (or iPhone).

It's a mono mix of the band, but works perfectly for me. Gives me tons of my guitar (which I love) and I can mix to taste.

I believe this is what I want to do. Are you getting a mix of the band in both R & L ear buds even though it is a mono mix?

I believe this is what I want to do. Are you getting a mix of the band in both R & L ear buds even though it is a mono mix?

Sennheiser IEMS have two "mode" settings on the body pack. Stereo mode and Focus mode.

In stereo mode whatever signal you send down the left side goes to the left ear etc. Mostly useful when you have a dedicated monitor board building a custom mix just for you.

In focus mode you can send a whole band mix into the "left" channel and you will hear it in mono in both ears. The "right" channel will work the same way.

You could send a band mix in mono on one side ... and your guitar (in mono) to the other side. Set the body pack to focus mode (use the onboard menus on the body pack) Then use the balance control on the body pack to adjust for "more me" during the show. It's designed that way on purpose. Often its for vocalists to adjust themselves against the rest of the band. But it works the same for guitar players.

Back
Top Bottom