Axe-Fx with Axe-Edit (Default Values)

Toopy14

Axe-Master
If you double-click on a knob in Axe-Edit, ie. Tone Freq, Low Cut Freq, etc., within the amp block, does it revert to the default value?

Edit:

Okay, from the manual;

"Double‐click the knob or its label to set a generic default value (Generic knob values will not necessarily be the same as those obtained when you Initialize an entire block, change its type, etc.)"

This is what's confusing me. If I start a new preset and I select the AC30TB model, the Preamp Hardness, for example, is 8.20. If I change the value or even if I don't, then double-click on it, the value changes to 8.50. Low Cut Freq starts at 482, but if I double-click on it, the value changes to 20. Why?

I guess I don't understand the purpose of the double-click function.

Last edited:
Sort of. It reverts to a default value, but not necessarily the correct firmware default for that mode or model. I think it's some arbitrary default from Axe Edit. I believe the only mechanism for recalling the firmware default value is to reset the block via the Block menu > Reset (or double tap Bypass button on front panel) or change modes or models in the block. You can reset parameters for all blocks to the last saved value by selecting Preset menu > Revert Preset. You can reset parameters for all blocks to their firmware default values by selecting Preset menu > Initialize Preset.

Last edited:
I'd really like it if the double click function reset to default setting for the amp, as Cliff et al set it to be when modelling the amp accurately. ie. where it should be to represent the amp. Because otherwise the only way to know when I've "strayed off the track" too far is by resetting the whole block, I'd rather just be able to double click a few things. Alternatively, it would be nice if there was an option to disable the controls in Axe Edit which don't exist on the real amp. Pretty please? :)

Back
Top Bottom