Axe FX with ART SLA 2 sounds thin, flubby and has no punch HELP!

jasoneldon

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and I've tried to find a solution in some of the other posts but I've had no luck. Here's my problem I'm running my Axe FX standard with an ART SLA 2 power amp going stereo into my Mesa Boogie 4x12 cab. The distortion is just weak, no balls, thin with no punch just over all flubby and i know there Axe FX sounds way better than this.

So i was wondering am i doing something wrong? I'm going output 1 unbalanced left/right using 1/4'' cables into the balanced inputs of the ART SLA 2 then using 2 banana cables split 4ohms each into both sides of the Mesa stereo 4x12, i have the bridge button out on the SLA so its in stereo. Is this all right? and if so what could be giving me this problem? Should all my I/O setting be on stereo?

Any help would be AMAZING! Thanks guys!

Jay

I'm runing the same setup except with a Splawn 4x12. You've got it hooked up right. Try turning up the output on the front of the axe. If thats not it then maybe its just the preset you're on. You can get some heavy chugga chugga tones with some tweaking.

i'd try it in mono to test it, so just take one set of L/R bananas out of the left channel of the SLA2 into the MONO input of the Mesa cab. Then crank the output on the SLA2 channel up to full.

see if that works

Wow! thanks for all the advice guys! Sorry for my delay in posting just got off work :)

I double check that my power amp sims weren't bypassed and they were on. I went into the I/O and changed my output 1 mode from stereo to copy L->R and i now get more low end, was it always supposed to be in that mode or should output 1 be in stereo if im running into a stereo cab? When i flip between the two there is a huge difference the stereo sounds thin and weak and the copy L->R sounds way fatter and has more punch. Could this be what the problem was?? If I'm wrong, what should my I/O Audio settings look like running a stereo cab?

Back
Top Bottom