Axe-Fx + Wal = pretty dang good match

selta

Power User
So, this found its way into my studio:
18237888_10155099510541276_6492977221041975710_o.jpg

A Mk 2 5 string Wal. I don't even think I really need to say more to my bass brethern - you know these basses.

Anyway, since it's here, and I'm here, and my Axe-Fx II is permanently here racked up for recording while I work on the sound treatment in my music room, I figured, hey, might as well start with something familiar to everyone, eh?

Enjoy.

Another one - this one in one take and from memory (in other words: sloppy and probably wrong in spots)

Having this Wal here, especially with the Axe-Fx II preset I made really makes me want to start/join a TOOL tribute xD

Welcome to the WAL family!!! These are really such fine, fine instruments. There's no mistaking that singing, piano-like tone, is there?

I've got lots of functional gigging basses that are pretty decent, but the tone and quality workmanship of the WAL are truly next-level. I'd wanted one for years, and when I helped form a (now disbanded) TOOL tribute, that gave me the itch to actually purchase one, new, and sweat out the cost and 13 month waiting period. Expensive, but it's nice to be pampered.

@selta, you've got quite a killer arsenal of basses now (me jealous!). sounds great! You and I may be just two of perhaps only a handful of bassists who have had the pleasure of using both a Wal + AxeFxII...worthy of sexual arousal lasting more than 4 hours...call your doctor! LOL

@selta, you've got quite a killer arsenal of basses now (me jealous!). sounds great! You and I may be just two of perhaps only a handful of bassists who have had the pleasure of using both a Wal + AxeFxII...worthy of sexual arousal lasting more than 4 hours...call your doctor! LOL
Thanks haha. One point of clarification - I don't own this Wal, but it's on a very long term loan. I should have it for quite a few months for a couple specific projects... and it (along with another arsenal of basses) are available to me due to some connections I have.
Now, everything else in this rack *is* mine :D

18278124_10155098809526276_2932848671784904789_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom