AXE FX vs Revalver MKII vs 6505

IMHO, the Axe-Fx (unfortunately) came off worst in that thread - the problem with a comparison like that is you're at the mercy of the guy configuring the gear, and that recording sounds incredibly thin. I have to wonder how much effort was put into making it sound like a 6505 (if any). I'd love to see the preset config - that sample doesn't do it justice by a longshot.

they all sound decent in their own right, just slightly different. I could live with all of them. Revalver is no joke actually, pretty solid software

I think those reamping clips are fun, as long as you take them for what they're worth, like Morogan implied.

For example, like noted in the thread, the sounds are subject to the quality of the POD XT and the M-Audio card. While all of the tracks had the same limitations, the coloring by the input sources almost negates one huge feature of the Axe-Fx, and that feature is the high quality input and output signal chain.

I might as well chip in, since I'm "The Dude" at the Ultimate forum. I didn't even try to do a sound similar to a 5150, since the OP asked me for a KranK Rev+ style reamp "like Nevermore" (which ended up being a Rectifier into a 1960 cab), so I took a Rev+ cab IR and made something similar to that sound. I had no idea he was going for a shootout.

In comparison to the other clips, it's useless to even get bothered. He apologized to me later.

thewizardguy said:
theyre both good clips, the just have minor eq differences...how could that even be considered a loss to a decent ear?

It turned out like a "wow, listen do all the 5150 versions" and I wasn't aiming for it. I'm over it now, though, but I think that the AxeFX sounded the worst too. ;)

Claw...or should I call you Mr Finger? Can you tell me, as precise as possible, what processing/plug ins you used on the Revalver2 clips? I have Revalver2 and haven't been able to get as good of a tone out of it as what I heard. Thanks for sharing the clips.

cheers.

guittarzzan said:
Claw...or should I call you Mr Finger? Can you tell me, as precise as possible, what processing/plug ins you used on the Revalver2 clips? I have Revalver2 and haven't been able to get as good of a tone out of it as what I heard. Thanks for sharing the clips.

cheers.

Oh, I didn't use Revalver. I used the Axe FX. ;)

Call me Jocke. ;)

Back
Top Bottom