AXE FX vs Bogner XTC 100B

Which one do you prefer?

• Total voters
I liked the fourth the most, seemed more agressive and I like that.

I liked, from more to less

4 -> 1 -> 3 -> 2

Don't know which is the real amplifier

Dude... tune your guitar. :) Sorry for being a pitch-bitch but it's really hard for me to say I like a tone when all I'm concentrating on is that the pitch is off. Anyways I can say which one I liked the least and the fourth one was bad. It just sounds like it's been miced all wrong. I liked the 1) the most and I think it's the real Boner. The three was a close second.

4 and 1

BTW, what Euro Blue settings & cab are used?

I like #1 & #3.
#2 is "no so good miked" sound...
#4 is bad miked sound, too little bass & mid.

Clip 1 is the real Amp, 2x12 G12H30 with SM57/Royer121.
Clip 2+4: AXE direct - same patch with different cabsims (4x12 V30 with R121, 4x12 German with 57)
Clip 3: AXE in FX-Return, same setup as #1

The funny thing is that #1 (the real amp) seems to be the clear winner here. I asked the same question at a different discussion board, and the outcome was exactly the opposite - #2 and #3 have been the clear winners there, and almost noone cared for #4.

I be real interested in hearing another comparison after you have had a chance to tweak the Axe-Fx model and speaker setup a bit more. After listening to them again, I just bet you can tweak #3 to sound a LOT more like #1.

Question: Did you reamp these or play each one?

BTW, I think this is a great way to comparing the models to the real thing. Nice work!!!

Can you post the Euro Blue settings please?
I'm interested because I can't get the Euro Blue to sound anything like this.

Yek, nice work on the AXE-FX Wiki! It did help a lot to start out!

The settings of clip #2 are:

Amp Euro Blue (no boost)
Drive: 8.98
Bass: 3.31
Mid: 4.21
Treb (with bright switch on): 7.13

Pres: 5.04
Depth: 2.09
Damp: 5.98
Sag: 3.03
Master: 8.30
Level: -3db

I think the power amp section needs more tweaking though.

Cabs:
2x Mono HiRes in parallel:
Cab: 4x12 V30
Mic: R121 Cond

Cab: 4x12 German
Mic: 57DYN

@Spoons: Thanks! All the samples were played each on its own, no reamping. I'll try to get #3 closer to #1 (I'm sure it's possible, the basic tone is very similar in my oinion).

A while ago I recorded a short demo with the preset from clip#2 (bass and drums are programmed):
http://music.hplatz.de/mp3/songs/Axetasy_DEMO.mp3

Now a REAL challenge might be to get #4 to sound like #1 in a reamping situation!
That would be the tweaker in me asking for the moon!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll have to try those settings tonight.

I love Euro Red, but the blue channel fell flat for me. Those settings are quite a bit different than what I tried though. I was just really underwhelmed with it and quickly moved on, so it's not like I spent much time with it. I can't hear the clips from here, but I'm going to try your settings.

D

Back
Top Bottom