Axe-fx used on"Gem" from Eric Johnson's new Album

javajunkie

Source: Guitar Player March 2011 pg 63. Used for a echo-y shimmery sound.

Last edited:
One of my all time favorite guitar player, I've been listening to his stuff since the begining.

Oh, Denver is sort of carpeted in Axe-FX. We get together with the things we have (usually someones studio or house), and compare amps, guitars, etc. Not just an Axe-FX joint, but it's generally been the common thread in between us.

Oh, Denver is sort of carpeted in Axe-FX. We get together with the things we have (usually someones studio or house), and compare amps, guitars, etc. Not just an Axe-FX joint, but it's generally been the common thread in between us.

Count me in; I'm an hour away.

Wasn't there a thread here or in The Gear Page where his tech was working with and Ultra to simulate the Cliffs of Dover signal chain? Was probably a couple of years ago.

I'd love to get my hands on a patch dialed in by Eric and his tech that replicates his signal chain. But what I'm sure I'd find is that playing technique is even more of factor than what year fuzz face and marshall you're using. Eric's combination of left and right hand techniques would be hard to emulate in the Axe-Fx : ).

In fact, I've known several players that essentially created their tone with their technique no matter what they were playing through - from a beautiful boutique divided by 13 to a solid state peavey, from an exotic overdrive stomp box to a boss dual overdrive pedal.

Last edited:
Sounds like you need to hire an "Artist Liaison." :D

I am cheap. And easy on the eyes... ;) ;) ;)

My instincts are telling me that anyone hailing from Louisiana and calling themselves "biggness" would be anything but "easy on the eyes", but I'll take you at your word sir. :razz

Back
Top Bottom