Axe-Fx Ultra - Win64 - Presonus 16.0.2 midi I/O

Signal flow- Axe ultra v11 -> presonus 16.0.2 midi I/O -> PC

I've checked the firmware. I have the most current drivers for my presonus, I have the MIDI cables hooked up properly. I have the midi control turned to 'on' in my presonus board.

I checked the forums for my specific board and I couldn't find anything. Seeing if someone here might have had a similar issue.

sends and received midi, I followed all of the steps in the manual

sends midi info from axe edit, BPM info. But when I add stuff in an block, like a pedal, it crashes.

syncs with axe fx ultra preset data from the box, but crashes after any edit.

Once it crashes I have to uninstall and reinstall again for it to even go into axe edit.

I tried using older versions from the legacy page with the same result.

Send help

When I had my Ultra I remember it was commonly known that it was very picky about what midi interface it would work with. I myself and many others would use a M-Audio Midi Sport 2x2. This seemed to be a full proof solution.

Last edited:
What are you trying to do?

I remember my Ultra being finicky about midi at one point, and I found that if I connected only one midi cable, it worked fine. So if I was trying to back up my presets, I would only conect Ultra midi out to my interface's midi in. If, on the other hand, I wanted to load a preset from my computer, I would connect one single midi cable from my interface midi out to my Ultra's midi in. I don't use axe-edit so I didn't need bidirectional midi.

Back
Top Bottom