• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Axe-Fx Ultra - Win64 - Presonus 16.0.2 midi I/O

Signal flow- Axe ultra v11 -> presonus 16.0.2 midi I/O -> PC

I've checked the firmware. I have the most current drivers for my presonus, I have the MIDI cables hooked up properly. I have the midi control turned to 'on' in my presonus board.

I checked the forums for my specific board and I couldn't find anything. Seeing if someone here might have had a similar issue.

sends and received midi, I followed all of the steps in the manual

sends midi info from axe edit, BPM info. But when I add stuff in an block, like a pedal, it crashes.

syncs with axe fx ultra preset data from the box, but crashes after any edit.

Once it crashes I have to uninstall and reinstall again for it to even go into axe edit.

I tried using older versions from the legacy page with the same result.

Send help

SHEPPARD

Inspired
When I had my Ultra I remember it was commonly known that it was very picky about what midi interface it would work with. I myself and many others would use a M-Audio Midi Sport 2x2. This seemed to be a full proof solution.

Last edited:

Dpoirier

Forum Addict
What are you trying to do?

I remember my Ultra being finicky about midi at one point, and I found that if I connected only one midi cable, it worked fine. So if I was trying to back up my presets, I would only conect Ultra midi out to my interface's midi in. If, on the other hand, I wanted to load a preset from my computer, I would connect one single midi cable from my interface midi out to my Ultra's midi in. I don't use axe-edit so I didn't need bidirectional midi.

Top Bottom