Axe-Fx Ultra trouble

shep

Inspired
I've had her a loooong time. I turn it on, all is well. Within 5-10 minutes, the sound gets darker, and the energy of the amp (the drive, the heat, all the stuff that makes it sound real) fade away. It's kinda like tubes going bad, but well... If I turn it off for half an hour, it'll revive, albeit briefly as before. Has anyone experienced this? If so, what was done to correct it?

Big thanks to Mark Day and Fractal support. They gave me a solution to try that's pretty cheap. Hopefully it will work. If not, they will meet my Ultra and show it some love.

I’m curious - what was the problem and the potential solution?

It is so great that the Ultra is still kicking about. How long ago did it come out again? Long lasting products!

I think I have the same problem with my standard. When guitar is plugged in front panel and input source is set to FRONT, sound becomes boomy, flat and lifeless, with significant lack of highs, in compare to REAR input source. Is it ok? Or I can get better results?

I think I have the same problem with my standard. When guitar is plugged in front panel and input source is set to FRONT, sound becomes boomy, flat and lifeless, with significant lack of highs, in compare to REAR input source. Is it ok? Or I can get better results?
Contact Fractal support. There shouldn't be that difference in sound.

Back
Top Bottom