Axe FX Ultra Stereo Issue

Star^Rock

I just bought myself an Axe FX Ultra to compose and record some of the new stuff I am working. My rig is very simple, guitars into the Axe FX Ultra input using 1/4" cable and output through the unbalanced L & R into studio monitors. Few days into trying it, I just realized that only one of the monitors is producing the sound. I have tried flipping the L / R and the sound flipped as well, so it has to do with a setting inside ( I hope ! ). There is a similar thread below few years ago with a similar problem, but nobody has the solution for it yet ( Dealing with unbalanced stereo issue)

Has anyone else experienced this issue and if there is a possible solution ?

there's no setting that would completely turn off one of the sides of an output. you could adjust a Preset to make it do that though.

it's possible the output physically isn't working. is it possible to trying the XLR outputs one at a time to see if you get sound out of the side you're missing?

Thanks for your quick response .. ! So I tried to connect only one of the cables first in Axe Output L and into the L of my monitors , then Output L into R of the monitors and so on with all 4 permutations . It turns out there is sound coming from the Output L, but it is almost a magnitude less than that of the Output R i.e. almost 10% . I increased the Ultra's output to 100 %, but still the sound coming out from L is nowhere close to that from R.

I think this might be a hardware problem, as I tried to play with the Output settings -> Chorus -> Copy L-R and so on without any difference.

Is there any way out of this ? Is this fixable ? Or can I use one of the other kinds of Outputs on the Ultra to get the full sound ? Am I really missing any sound if I record ?

Lots of questions ..

I am happy to report that the problem went away on its own . I suspect it was because the output level was too low, as I was testing and playing usually in the night. On the weekend, after cranking up the input and output levels mid-way, both monitors were producing sound. Hope that is the end of it !

I am happy to report that the problem went away on its own . I suspect it was because the output level was too low, as I was testing and playing usually in the night. On the weekend, after cranking up the input and output levels mid-way, both monitors were producing sound. Hope that is the end of it !
Did you have problem with stereo again or it was only once ?

Back
Top Bottom