Axe-Fx Ultra not connecting to Axe-Edit

JCFROMMYSPACE

Hey! First post here.
While I’m sure this has been answered hundreds of time, I’ve searched and looked and tried everything I can think of, but my ultra refuses to connect to axe edit.
I’m connecting my ultra to a presonus firestudio via a midi cable and the firestudio is connected to a Mac running mojave.
Both the ultra and axe edit are running on midi channel one, and both the id’s match (00 01 74 I believe).
I’ve triple checked that I’m not running the midi cable in the thru slot on the axe fx.
It’s the legacy version of axe edit and it’s config is set to ultra.
The weird thing being when I hit the tuner on axe edit it corresponds on the unit as well, also in logic the program changes change my presets on the unit as well. So there is some connection going on. Just not in axe edit.

Any help/advise is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

been a long time but I am pretty sure you need midi in and out for the edit to receive the info from the ultra.

Just saw your post and thought I'd chime in. I'm not at my Ultra at the moment but I think your problem might lie with the ID # match. As I remember the last update version changed the ID for the Ultra. Try to search the ultra forum for the correct ID # and that may solve the problem. However if you're sure you have the correct ID # and it is still not connecting, then nevermind and please drive thru...

Just saw your post and thought I'd chime in. I'm not at my Ultra at the moment but I think your problem might lie with the ID # match. As I remember the last update version changed the ID for the Ultra. Try to search the ultra forum for the correct ID # and that may solve the problem. However if you're sure you have the correct ID # and it is still not connecting, then nevermind and please drive thru...
I appreciate the reply!! I’ll definitely check the ID again and make sure they match up

Back
Top Bottom