Axe fx ultra cab settings help!

Oliver94

Hey guys, might be a bit of a silly question but I'm new to this kind of gear so hear it goes. I have my ultra going through a Marshall 50/50 El34 power amp into an orange ppc212 closed back cab. In the manual for the ultra it says if you are running it through a cab you should turn the cab setting off in the global section. But when I do that, it doesn't really sound good at all. It's really trebly and fizzy As if there was no cab at all even though it's going through my orange.

Any ideas on how to fix this!
Thanks

Change your amp settings?

If you've dialed in a sound with cab block on and then you turn it off, it's going to sound rubbish. Even if you dialed in a sound with a cab for running direct, just turning that off when you run into a cab isn't necessarily going to do it. If the IR you were using is really dark sounding, and then you're switching to a V30 cab, yeah there'll probably be a difference. Even if you were running a V30 IR, recording a speaker with a mic isn't the same as being in the room with the speaker.

So really, just kinda disregard whatever your old settings were and start from scratch. Don't forget the bright switch on the treble control and the poweramp controls, especially the presence. Different amp models will obviously need different settings.

Back
Top Bottom