Axe-Fx Ultra and FCB-1010 set up question

Hey guys,

Seems like every day I'm posting a new thread; but you guys are really helping so I really appreciate it. Anyway, my new task to tackle is making more effective use of my MIDI peddle. What I would like to do is use buttons one through five to recall patches on the ultra (this I already know how to do) while using six through ten as stomp box pedals to bring certain effects in and out of the signal chain.

First off, is this doable and secondly, if so, how? I have some basic knowledge of using the MIDI peddle and have been able to assign the CC controllers in various applications such as using the pedal to blend between my clean and dirty patches within the same preset... but I guess it's from the programming side of the Behringer that I am most challenged.

Once again, I would greatly appreciate anyone kind enough to do a walk-through or to point me in the right direction where I can get the information for myself. Once again, thanks a lot for being part of such an active and helpful community.

Can be done easily using Ripwerx with a Uno Eprom. Will see if I can find one of my old backups later.

Checked my old Ultra files, but no FCB java files there. What I remember is that in the ULTRA I had EXT1/EXT2 to CC4 and CC7 for the expression pedals, hence EXT3 to EXT7 linked tu CC20-25. From thereon you link the CC values in Ripwerx to the upper row buttons and in each patch you can link a block active or to bypass as a CC value (127 or 0), the lower row you use for PC messages and that's about it. Check you have the correct OEM value for the ULTRA (134 if I remember well ? check on the forum or the manual) so to be sure the FCB adresses correctly the ULTRA.

Thank so much for looking into this. From the surface, it seems a bit involved. What I instead decided to do was to use one of the CC pedals by setting the mix at 100 when the pedal is engaged fully and at 0 for the 50% point, you can, in essence create an on off switch with the CC pedal. I also came across a couple of you tube videos that explain doing a similar switch assignment directly with the FCB 1010 without involving any additional software.

Thank so much for looking into this. From the surface, it seems a bit involved. What I instead decided to do was to use one of the CC pedals by setting the mix at 100 when the pedal is engaged fully and at 0 for the 50% point, you can, in essence create an on off switch with the CC pedal. I also came across a couple of you tube videos that explain doing a similar switch assignment directly with the FCB 1010 without involving any additional software.
With the FCB1010 you can send CCvalues of course, but as you might want to control different pareters at different values with the same EXTxx parameter and CC button I'd recommend to go through the controller menu of the ULTRA that can be linked to EXTxx values with totally adjustable controller values for EXT xx (cc) on or off

Back
Top Bottom