Axe Fx tips and tricks - New weekly video series. Find out more here...

Max Haze

Inspired
Starting today I am charing my weekly tips and tricks about the Fractal audio Axe Fx. This week I will show you how you can use the quick control on the front of the Axe Fx. In this video we go true how to sign up the level control on your amp block to one of the knobs on the quick controls on the front of the Axe Fx.

If you have any questions about something evolving the Axe Fx and you want me to do a Tips and Tricks video about it. Just let me know. Don't forget to subscribe to my youtube account so you won't miss an episode...

Very well produced video @Max Haze!

The only thing is you should mention that you are doing this on a Mk ii, and it will be slightly different on an XL upwards. In fact I personally think the best way to adjust volume is probably using the VU meters, but that's just my way.

Thanks for the kind words.

I didn't know the actual differens from the MK II and the XL. But please tel me more about it. Is the VU meters only on the XL and upwards?

I'm not actually sure if the Mk ii has VU meters, it probably does but you should be able to see on yours if you watch Chris's video:

Having said that, the VU meters are my preferred way, and I do like what you put in your video very much as well because it is a great way to have a shortcut that you can use to make quick adjustments on the fly. I use the VU meters in the same way for levels, you press Utility, then Page Right x 3 then you are in the VU meter page; here you can adjust your levels on the fly as well and it has saved me quite a few times already.

I do like the way you produced and presented your video very much, it's well done and fun to watch so keep 'em coming!! :D

The MkII has the VU meters just like the XL. It's firmware dependent, not hardware dependent. I use them all the time on my MkII.

Nice to hear that you like the videos. I have two more ready already and I have at least ten more ideas for more videos. There are so many cool ways you can use the Axe Fx and I can't really see myself going back to a rig that I had before with an amp head and two rack effects. I couldn't do close to what I do with the Axe Fx...

I am going to make some videos showing how I set the pedalboard and the Axe Fx up. So I will try and do short "snappy" ;-) videos...

Back
Top Bottom