Axe FX Summit - Canadian Edition - Toronto!

Toronto Axe FX summit!

• Total voters

dukemcrae

Experienced
Hey all,

I was at Mike Vegas's Nice Rack shop last week - he's the guy that made this beautiful monster:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/lounge/91997-you-gotta-see-rack.html
Nice Rack Canada :: Guitar Technician & Tonesmith Service :: Custom Cable, Racks & Pedalboards

He's always done fantastic work for me, and knows the guys at Fractal well - says he chats with Matt Picone on a regular basis, and he has done tons of Fractal work for customers, myself included.

I was talking to him about setting up a Canadian Axe FX summit, and he generously offered up his time and his space to host it, and he said he could also give some great informative insight to setting up your Axe FX/presets and we could also A/B a bunch of speakers. We could also figure out other areas of interest for anyone interested, or even open it up to people that are interested in trying an Axe-FX in person.....I'm always trying to spread the word on how great it is....

users JoeGold and Matty76 have said they'd be interested, I know Sweeney, byce_pryah, Cainer and Afxwinter are up here as well, Mike knows quite a few as well. Maybe We could ask Fractal to email Canadian customers to let them know as well?

I'd be interested in setting something up, maybe in April - any thoughts/ other folks / other areas to cover? I've always thought it would be neat for everyone to bring different speakers and we can try our presets through different setups, everyone is always trying to get the bet power amp/frfr/speaker combination.

Thoughts? Comments? once we start to organize, we could settle on a date and move forward from there with plans. Maybe Cliff could send us a sticker to raffle off or something!

Craig McRae

It's quite a distance from Ottawa... so not sure I'd actually attend. But the temptation will be strong, as I'd *really* love to hear an A/B comparison between RCFs (NX 12 sma) and CLRs.

I own a pair of RCFs, and their only shortcoming in my opinion is the narrow sweet spot (which apparently the CLRs excel at). So I'd love to hear them first hand.

Sarnia way here... I may be up for it, (schedule pending) and may be able to coax a few Fractal Axe FX lurkers to attend as well. (guys who only "jones" for one). This may shove them head over heels over the threshold.

I'm in the process of trying to get a couple CLR's together... so if the stars align for me... :encouragement:

Last edited:
Swass - CLR's - I believe if JoeGold comes, he has a pair of CLR's that I think he'd more than likely be willing to bring along. If you can lure your friends along, i'm sure we'd convince them to come to the dark side.
Dpoirer - re: RCF's - I have one RCF10-NX-SMA, and I spoke with one of the RCF distributors here in Toronto today, and he said he'd be glad to lend me a pair of the RCF - 12NXSMA gladly for the event.
Does anyone here know any other Canadian users that should be made aware?

If I can offer up some advice from when we did the Nor Cal Axe Summit last year: make an agenda!

We had fun, but overall organization was a little too "loose"...

I wish you guys luck. I'm looking forward to another in Cali this year if possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unix-Guy - my sentiments exactly - I'd love to have an agenda of things to cover, and Mike has already offered to cover setting up a quality preset for your song.....
Tone Seeker - but it's only a 26 hour drive from Regina! c'mon!

Unix-guy - as well, if you have any thoughts in regards to which topics work well, i'd love to hear your thoughts.

Swass - CLR's - I believe if JoeGold comes, he has a pair of CLR's that I think he'd more than likely be willing to bring along. If you can lure your friends along, i'm sure we'd convince them to come to the dark side.
Dpoirer - re: RCF's - I have one RCF10-NX-SMA, and I spoke with one of the RCF distributors here in Toronto today, and he said he'd be glad to lend me a pair of the RCF - 12NXSMA gladly for the event.
Does anyone here know any other Canadian users that should be made aware?

I have a pair of RCF - 12NXSMA

Unix-guy - as well, if you have any thoughts in regards to which topics work well, i'd love to hear your thoughts.

We did a nice little round-the-room intro of each person and kind of got a feel for each person and what they were interested in. We helped a couple guys dial in some sounds they were after.

The best part of the day for most of us was doing the speaker comparison between the CLRs, my Xitones and the Mission Geminis.

Ultimately it's probably best to get a consensus of attendees before getting together.

Have fun with it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm in downtown TO, would attend :) would be cool to get some tips on set ups and trying out speakers... though in my current setup, its more like trying out headphones ;)

We also may have a line on borrowing some Meyer Sound speakers - apparently a (very pricey) Holy Grail some players have talked about for an FRFR solution...

I have some business in TO around that time, so if the timing is right. I could transport a couple of speakers down the 401, I have access to Yorkville NX55P and NX12SMA.

Back
Top Bottom