Axe-Fx STILL at Heavy Discount. How Does this Not Indicate New Axe 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed this too. I'm ready to buy an XL+, and I was anticipating buying one this month, but the significant reduction in the price has made me feel somewhat suspicious. I'm thinking about waiting for a few weeks now, in case there's an announcement to coincide with NAMM.

The fact that there has been no denial of any of this speculative ranting on this thread from Cliff or Matt, and that we know there is at least one finished product waiting for release (LB-2?), leads me to believe that perhaps this may be the year that FAS times a big announcement around NAMM, something they have not done in the past, AFAIK.

To be fair, it’s asked every couple months if there’s an axe fx iii coming, and I can only remember maybe three instances in as many years when Cliff has specifically said no. So no word now doesn’t mean a lot I don’t think.

Even if one was announced tomorrow, I think based on the past it would be over a year before you got one, even if you were top of the waitlist, so if anyone is imminently looking to purchase one, unless you want to wait at least a year, I’d probably just get one. Go used if you’re paranoid about resale.

I just got back from the mountains of Tibet. I struggled and faced the brutal climb into the snow-covered mountains. High up in those mountains, I sought a small thatched hut. In the hut was the Lali Dama. He told me I had earned just one question. So I asked him, "When is the III coming out"? He was silent while he fixed a cup of tea. Then he looked me in the eyes and said, "Soon".

Last edited:
What I would buy into is more organizational tools, naming scenes, etc, more turn key fx like strymon, a much better controller like the RJM but doesn’t cost more than an AX8! Maybe some updated fx, drop tuner, better controllers. The amp tones are great already.

One thing about me I am not into the latest and greatest........I want a recording tool that sound's amazing,get's frequent free updates and is bulletproof hardware.I have in my studio right now over $40k of Avid/Digidesign hardware that are nothing but doorstops right now.Avid stopped supporting my PTHD software,hardware including all of my Digi interfaces,my Control 24 console,etc.Was a loyal 15 year customer and got a school bus shoved up my ass by them for my loyalty.Will never happen again and Studio One 3 blows Pro Tools out of the water anyway.
Wait, what? Why are you quoting me?

Competition is always good for us consumers.

Even when it means firing local workers because the company decides to move to a cheap labor country to save costs? Unemployed workers do suffer from massively decreased disposable income. Or when competition leads to monopoly, as the big companies try to eliminate their competition, or merge into ever fewer providers? Or what we suffer increasingly more and more today, confusopoly. Where companies offer so many options and plans for us to chose from that we no longer can decide what is cheapest or best for us. Can anyone still unequivocally say that his smartphone was the best or cheapest he could get? And don't get me started on health insurance (the Dutch system I mean)

My guess is with four top tier units competing for market space they are just trying to give incentive to pick the Axe. I do believe a new unit is in development but I predict it will not have new amp modeling but will have enhanced interface and features set. My guess is it will be inovative in new ways.

Even when it means firing local workers because the company decides to move to a cheap labor country to save costs? Unemployed workers do suffer from massively decreased disposable income. Or when competition leads to monopoly, as the big companies try to eliminate their competition, or merge into ever fewer providers? Or what we suffer increasingly more and more today, confusopoly. Where companies offer so many options and plans for us to chose from that we no longer can decide what is cheapest or best for us. Can anyone still unequivocally say that his smartphone was the best or cheapest he could get? And don't get me started on health insurance (the Dutch system I mean)
I see someone has been watching a little too much CNN and NBC. :D

I've been on all the forums too long. If I had a Axe FX for every time a scolding/mocking post poured water all over a hot thread, stopping it dead in it's tracks...

Anyway, what I take from all of this is that no one has a clue if there's a new Axe-FX coming out.

Last edited:
News Flash:

The new unit is to be called Fractal Axe fXXX. The capabilities will be obscene...

Nothing wrong with favoring domestic labor (though of course every job outsourced means more work/opportunity for a new worker elsewhere, so it seems a bit silly to say one cares about jobs, but only jobs for certain people)

Anyways, it ultimately comes down to voting with ones wallet, and what the masses seem to say is they want lower prices.

Look at the ax8 for example. How many people bought one because of the sale? I did...

At least part of why that sale price is so good is they lowered production costs moving it to China. Not the only factor but a big one I’m sure. When it was assembled in the US, it was $1399 and I for one didn’t buy at that price.

Let’s say an Axe3 is $2200 made in China, $2500 made in the USA. How many people are willing to pay a premium for their ideals ?

No right or wrong answers, just business doing what is best for the business, and each consumer doing what they feel is best for them.

Everything has a trade off. Cliff could hand assemble them but then the price would be like $5000 each since they’d have much lower volume and a far smaller market demand.

Some people would be very happy customers, but I’d wager a majority would be up in arms about the price and wait. I’d wager most folks would like it to be $799 and also with no wait though.

Job of the business is finding out where in the middle is the best profit based upon demand, customer preferences, and production costs.

As consumers, all we can do is voice our values and ultimately vote with our wallets and let a business do what it will with that information.

Nothing wrong with favoring domestic labor (though of course every job outsourced means more work/opportunity for a new worker elsewhere, so it seems a bit silly to say one cares about jobs, but only jobs for certain people)

Anyways, it ultimately comes down to voting with ones wallet, and what the masses seem to say is they want lower prices.

Look at the ax8 for example. How many people bought one because of the sale? I did...

At least part of why that sale price is so good is they lowered production costs moving it to China. Not the only factor but a big one I’m sure. When it was assembled in the US, it was $1399 and I for one didn’t buy at that price.

Let’s say an Axe3 is $2200 made in China, $2500 made in the USA. How many people are willing to pay a premium for their ideals ?

No right or wrong answers, just business doing what is best for the business, and each consumer doing what they feel is best for them.

Everything has a trade off. Cliff could hand assemble them but then the price would be like $5000 each since they’d have much lower volume and a far smaller market demand.

Some people would be very happy customers, but I’d wager a majority would be up in arms about the price and wait. I’d wager most folks would like it to be $799 and also with no wait though.

Job of the business is finding out where in the middle is the best profit based upon demand, customer preferences, and production costs.

As consumers, all we can do is voice our values and ultimately vote with our wallets and let a business do what it will with that information.

Customers truly vote with their wallets. Mea culpa of that. They might be open to some feelings of patriotism, but these days money is tight. Most people are not seeing an increase in wages that reflect the socalled booming economy. It used to be that a family could live well of a single income. Even working class. Those days are long gone. I myself have noticed that 15 years ago I could live more comfortably on less money then I do today. As a result I now too vote with my wallet. And I can't be the only one as more and more stores and shops are closing and the only successful newcomers are the ones who sell really cheap stuff.

Reactions: Rex
Customers truly vote with their wallets. Mea culpa of that. They might be open to some feelings of patriotism, but these days money is tight. Most people are not seeing an increase in wages that reflect the socalled booming economy. It used to be that a family could live well of a single income. Even working class. Those days are long gone. I myself have noticed that 15 years ago I could live more comfortably on less money then I do today. As a result I now too vote with my wallet. And I can't be the only one as more and more stores and shops are closing and the only successful newcomers are the ones who sell really cheap stuff.
This is nothing new. Buyers have always voted with their wallets. Given the choice between two items of similar quality and features, they buy the last expensive one, regardless of other principles. Many will say otherwise, but they go with the best price, almost without exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom