Axe-Fx Std. and Ultra Version 9.03 Firmware Available

Sup?
:eek: its here......

Damn it! I'm tracking on a song for a CD and I cant update till I nail my tracks...Aww this Sucks :lol:

Thanks for the Update Cliff You Kick Ass Sir :!:

MOSHON
DAVE

shredi knight said:
Added “Citrus RV50” model.

You might want to change the name of that sim Cliff. The Line6 Vetta 2 had an amp model called "Citrus D-30" (it was part of the 2.5 update), based on channel 1 of the Orange AD30TC.

May I suggest "Tangerine RV50". :D

I don't think line 6 citrus is trademarked :D

Just as another data point, I used Bome's to update from 9.02 to 9.03 seemlessly, BUT for the first time ever, I had to turn the Midi Input OFF in Bome's because the Axe-fx seemed to be sending the same sequence out over and over and over. Weird, indeed, but it updated perfectly once I turned that input off. For reference I am using an Edirol USB-Midi interface.

Slight update. After installing 9.03, I still see the following Midi message being sent from the Axe-Fx... or at least that's what my Edirol is seeing on it's Input viewed through Bome;s:

F0 00 00 7D 00 10 F7
F0 00 00 7D 00 10 F7
F0 00 00 7D 00 10 F7
F0 00 00 7D 00 10 F7
etc...

Regards,
Jeff

SliderJeff said:
Just as another data point, I used Bomes to update from 9.02 to 9.03 seemlessly, BUT for the first time ever, I had to turn the Midi Input OFF n Bome's because the Axe-fx seemed to be sending the same sequence out over and over and over. Weird, indeed, but it updated perfectly once I turned that input off. For reference I am using an Edirol USB-Midi interface.
Regards,
Jeff

Huh - interesting..........
I'm too freaked out to update - waiting on a mate to pop by with his PC, which always works, for reasons known only to the Gods of MIDI.
This is the part about owning an Axe that I abhor.

Hi my name is Tommi and I'm an Axoholic.

I got my ultra yesterday, played with it for an hour and then went out to play a gig with my non axified rig for most likely the last time.
Today I installed the editor, updated the firmware and started tweaking away in my little studio. I'm working on an lp with my band (www.myspace.com/nistamus) and now I sadly realize that I'm going to have to do all the guitars again.
Some of the amps in there sound pretty familiar like the cae and bogner amps but the tracks I recorded today were mostly with the ac30 and the new um.. "citrus" amp. Needless to say both sound awesome and the crunch sound of the citrus is very full and satisfying.
I had originally planned on just using the axefx for recording but man I want that sound live! There's no turning back now I guess :)

Cliff, I don't know how many times I've said this already, but thanks yet again for your ongoing commitment and relentless pursuit of perfection.

Thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou cliff! today i was telling myself... today is the day 9.03 is coming out. I could just feel it. And Lo and behold, the few hours i quit stalking the forum to head to a wedding and bam!

Thankyou! and as before, MORE than expected. (orange)
Nothing up your sleeve eh? ;)
~mx~

SliderJeff said:
After installing 9.03, I still see the following Midi message being sent from the Axe-Fx... or at least that's what my Edirol is seeing on it's Input viewed through Bome;s:

F0 00 00 7D 00 10 F7
F0 00 00 7D 00 10 F7
F0 00 00 7D 00 10 F7
F0 00 00 7D 00 10 F7
etc...

Is MIDI Thru completely turned off (Edirol & Bome)? If so, maybe it's the AFX's Tempo...? Try going to IO > MIDI, and set "Send Realtime SysEx" to None.

i have to say, the new orange amp is insanely awesome. i don't know if it is like an orange but i love what it is. It might be replacing the 5150 in my main recording patch. man. love it.

thanks!

VegaBaby said:
shredi knight said:
I PM'd Cliff and he said yes. The LF Resonance is the same as the Transformer Match pre-9.03.
Thanks for the heads up !

I should have just waited until I actually updated. When I did, the LF Resonance on all my patches was set to my previous 9.00 Transformer Match settings. :roll:

After playing more with the Orange model I compared it to some Youtube clips. This thing sounds *really* good.

Thank you Cliff and good luck Digidesign.

My luck... I'm on business over in France, no access to my Ultra for two weeks and Cliff finally drops the Orange Rockerverb on us. Oh the agony! hahaha

Thanks so much, Cliff! Now, besides missing family/home, I'm jones'n to try it out.

-rob

javajunkie said:
shredi knight said:
Added “Citrus RV50” model.

You might want to change the name of that sim Cliff. The Line6 Vetta 2 had an amp model called "Citrus D-30" (it was part of the 2.5 update), based on channel 1 of the Orange AD30TC.

May I suggest "Tangerine RV50". :D

I don't think line 6 citrus is trademarked :D

If the "Citrus" were to be changed how about Naranja RV50... sounds kind of exotic.

That's a crunchy piece of fruit. I like it with the brit 2x12.
Thanks for everything Cliff -- the amp tweaks, the exposed transformer parameters. You're the best!!

Crucified said:
i have to say, the new orange amp is insanely awesome. i don't know if it is like an orange but i love what it is. It might be replacing the 5150 in my main recording patch. man. love it.

thanks!

It sounds a lot like an Orange.... if you plug it into an Orange cab.
Big part of the "Orange sound" is the cab.
I guess an Orange cab IR could come handy.

;)

AndrewSimon said:
Crucified said:

thanks!

It sounds a lot like an Orange.... if you plug it into an Orange cab.
Big part of the "Orange sound" is the cab.
I guess an Orange cab IR could come handy.

;)

Thats where the Redwirez cabs will be awesome! There's an Orange 4x12 in there. Oh, the agony!

Back
Top Bottom