Axe FX Standard?

First post here.

So, I'm considering moving up to an Axe Fx from my 11R but probably will not need an Ultra. I have emailed Fractal but to no avail. I can move the gear I
need to to get a standard but I didn't know if you can still get a NIB Standard or even B stock or not. My main concern is getting something under
warranty.

Hmmm... under warranty I don't think so since they're off the buy list, but fractal still services the gen 1 axes and guys here have been saying that they charge a lot cheaper than expected.

Sure doesn't look that way. They removed the Standard from the store a while back and the Ultra when the new store went into place. Possibly before that. I didn't pay that close attention. You'll more than likely have to get a II now if you want a warranty.

A very cool Line 6 fx pedal.

518xhqRb-7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'm wondering though if a Standard could replace the 11R and M13

Without question. The M13 does what it does well but the Axe slays it. I had one and sold it quickly once I realized what the Standard could do. A buddy of mine has an 11R and its a decent unit no doubt. It just can't come close to the Axe.

I've had both an 11r and an M13 (although not at the same time) and I think the Std would have no problems replacing both. The only place it wouldn't is if you layerer up more then 2 of the same effects type (like 3 delays at once or something).

Yea, the standard doesn't get a lot of attention these days, but it's an incredibly capable unit. You could easily replace an 11R and M13 with a standard, as long as you have a way to control it. You'll love it.

I have both and I agree that the 11R sounds pretty good, though it's no where near as powerful as the Axe FX wise which can use third party IR's as well. I'd suggest you find an Ultra if you're looking at using lots of FX pedal-board style (i.e like a 11R/M13 combo), as Standards are more limited DSP/RAM wise.

Easy there trigger, never said that it wasn't doing it for me. I would just like to replace my 11R and M13 with one unit. Honestly, the amp sims in the 11R are pretty stellar despite what many here may say.

Last edited:
Can't compare it to the 11R, but the standard is a phenomenal unit.

I had an ultra. I sold it thinking I would pick up an Axe II. When I realized it would be a while before I could get the II I jumped on a good deal for a Standard.

I'm not an uber effects guy so for what I use it for, there is no difference between the standard an ultra

Back
Top Bottom