Axe FX Standard / Ultra separate output signal for tuner??

tomaesp

Hi guys..I'm using my AxeFx Standard, with Line 6 Xt live for midi control..

Is there possibility for separate output from Axe Fx,to send clean signal to my Line 6 XT Live input, for tuner purpose?

Do you use your line 6 Device in 4CB?
then there isnt i guess.
If you use your Line 6 just as a Midi board to switch your axe, then its pretty simple.
take your patch as you are used too, BUT create an FX Loop Block in another row.

Actual Patch:
66bbde-1478425265.jpg

Now, Insert an FX Loop Block in a different row:
5d5996-1478425312.jpg

Like this you can take "FX Send" on the back for a clean signal output into your Line 6 device.
Do this for every Patch you want to use in this way and ofc, ... don't forget to STORE =)

Your wiring on the back of the Axe should look like this:
6d4533-1478425619.jpg

Now you can tune from your Line6 Device. BUT BE CAREFUL: When you are using the Line 6 Tuner, The Main output will still run your full sound to the PA or Poweramp or whatever,... means that the signal is NOT muted from the axe.

It could work if you can assign several midi controllnumbers to one button of your line 6 so that when you hit the tuner it activates
1: the Line 6 Tuner
and
2: the output volume of the axe OUTPUT 1 is set to 0

I hope I could help you with your problem.
do not forget the "like" button =)

Do you use your line 6 Device in 4CB?
then there isnt i guess.
If you use your Line 6 just as a Midi board to switch your axe, then its pretty simple.
take your patch as you are used too, BUT create an FX Loop Block in another row.

Actual Patch:
66bbde-1478425265.jpg

Now, Insert an FX Loop Block in a different row:
5d5996-1478425312.jpg

Like this you can take "FX Send" on the back for a clean signal output into your Line 6 device.
Do this for every Patch you want to use in this way and ofc, ... don't forget to STORE =)

Your wiring on the back of the Axe should look like this:
6d4533-1478425619.jpg

Now you can tune from your Line6 Device. BUT BE CAREFUL: When you are using the Line 6 Tuner, The Main output will still run your full sound to the PA or Poweramp or whatever,... means that the signal is NOT muted from the axe.

It could work if you can assign several midi controllnumbers to one button of your line 6 so that when you hit the tuner it activates
1: the Line 6 Tuner
and
2: the output volume of the axe OUTPUT 1 is set to 0

I hope I could help you with your problem.
do not forget the "like" button =)

Everything works as you said.. :) thank you so much for detailed explanation! :) I just need to figure out how can I set Output 1 level to 0...i can assign several midi control numbers to one button,but I don't know how to do that for Output 1.

To do this:
Turn "ON" your Axe FX Ultra
Select any Patch you want
Hit the "I/O Button"
Go 4 Pages to the right.

Now you are in the CTRL configuration, where you can check and assign the controller numbers.
in my Axe Fx Ultra, Output 1 Volume is "Contoller number 11"
318643-1478463743.jpg

To do this:
Turn "ON" your Axe FX Ultra
Select any Patch you want
Hit the "I/O Button"
Go 4 Pages to the right.

Now you are in the CTRL configuration, where you can check and assign the controller numbers.
in my Axe Fx Ultra, Output 1 Volume is "Contoller number 11"
318643-1478463743.jpg

Yes it's same. But when i assign it same as tuner,it doesnt lower volume or "mute" output 1...I made everything to work...when i hit tuner on Line 6,i just need to move pedal to heel position,so i can tune guitar,without signal going to PA....but if I can do it with button,it would be better.

why dont you just assign the button on the line 6 to activate both tuners? the Tuner in the Axe Fx (which actually mutes the main outputs)
and the tuner in the line 6 just to tune?

Like this you dont have to mes with the input or output volumes,....
just 1 button, 2 tuners... (1 to tune and 1 to just mute the axe)

why dont you just assign the button on the line 6 to activate both tuners? the Tuner in the Axe Fx (which actually mutes the main outputs)
and the tuner in the line 6 just to tune?

Like this you dont have to mes with the input or output volumes,....
just 1 button, 2 tuners... (1 to tune and 1 to just mute the axe)

It's assigned that way..when i hit tuner on Line 6,it activates both tuners...but when i set tuner on Axe Fx tuner to mute,I don't have tuner feedback on Line 6. :)

if your actual patch runs in row 2 on your patch, you can scroll down in the midi menu to check for volume 2 because right on the bottom (midi no 94) i found sth called: "Volume 2 Bypass" If i get it right, it means that you can bypass anything that is connected to the 2nd output in your patch.

2b297e-1478469593.jpg

Here is what I was telling you =)

as the signal for the Line6 Tuner is in row 4 you can easily mute Row 2 and still get the signal to your Line6 Tuner.
For me it is Midi no 94.

I am sadly not able to test it for you, but in theory it works.
Try to assign your line6 to activate its own tuner and mute volume 2 on the axe as well.

Please tell me if this worked, I'm kinda curious now =)

if your actual patch runs in row 2 on your patch, you can scroll down in the midi menu to check for volume 2 because right on the bottom (midi no 94) i found sth called: "Volume 2 Bypass" If i get it right, it means that you can bypass anything that is connected to the 2nd output in your patch.

2b297e-1478469593.jpg

Here is what I was telling you =)

as the signal for the Line6 Tuner is in row 4 you can easily mute Row 2 and still get the signal to your Line6 Tuner.
For me it is Midi no 94.

I am sadly not able to test it for you, but in theory it works.
Try to assign your line6 to activate its own tuner and mute volume 2 on the axe as well.

Please tell me if this worked, I'm kinda curious now =)

I'm gonna try it tommorow morning,and gonna leave reply here if i make it...Thank you man,you're really cool! :)

Back
Top Bottom