Axe-Fx Standard "stuck" at boot - lights stay on, but won't load and no display

drache713

Hey guys! I just purchased an Axe-Fx Standard used, and out of the box I am experiencing that the unit will power on (including fan), but the display is blank and all the lights on the front of the unit stay stuck on.

I haven't done much yet, I was gonna try pressing on the EPROM chip as described in another thread to make sure it's seated. I've already spoken with Charlie who suggested sending it in for repair, but I was curious if anyone else has spotted this behavior and has any other potential fixes I can try?

I would contact the seller and send it back to him, unless he told you about this issue before you purchased it...

I would contact the seller and send it back to him, unless he told you about this issue before you purchased it...
Nope, seller indicated that everything was working fine when it was sent. Definitely considering that option, would prefer to get it up and running if possible (and easy/cheap) since I got it for a killer price.

Just wanted to follow up on this - I actually went so far as to remove/reinsert the EPROM and that fixed everything! Hopefully this helps others that may encounter this problem.

Reactions: ang
Drache713, you just saved an entire recording session! Had the exact same problem and this solved it.Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom