BTU

Hi there! I can’t find solution, need some help, please...

I’m using the Axe Fx Standard for couple years now and finally faced a big problem today :(

I’ve set it up as always: Guitar->AxeFx(front input)->StereoFRFR(from Output 1 unbalanced, left and right), and noticed that there is no signal on “Output 1 Right”.

Then i’ve checked it with my audio-interface - same issue (on balanced and unbalanced outputs simultaneously). There is normal levels in “Utilities” menu.

After checking the “Output 1” I’ve send it’s data to “Output 2” in “I/O” menu and get same problem...but with left side((( normal levels in “Utilities” menu for “Output 2” as well!
Accidentally I’ve pressed a “Bypass” button and... get the signal from “Output 2 Left”! Depressed “Bypass” and... get stereo signal)))) Left channel slightly quieter than Right, but it is something. Don’t get it... I’ve tried it with mono-preset and don’t change any parameter at all... just bypassed the unit.

After that I’ve tried to bypass AxeFx while running through “Output 1”... nothing( No signal on right channel even with “Bypass” pressed :(

I’ve tried to send input signal with different inputs (Front, Rear Input 1, Input 2 by placing an FX-Loop Block in chain) - same results with “Output 1 Right”, except using “Input 2 Right”. This input channel doesn’t work (tried all options [sum l+r, stereo] in “I/O” menu with same result - silence :() For sure, I see normal levels in “Utilities” menu and adequate behavior of indicators on front pannel (BTW there is a dead yellow LED on this channel).

I’ve double checked my FRFR and audio interface (by replacing and switching cables and finally hooked up my AxeFxII) and it seems that there are no problems with cables, interfaces and etc. at all.

So, the bad thing actually happens: it seems that I have a physical problem with the Right channel on Output 1 (probably components or board issue) and with the Right channel on Input 2 (for some reason). I hope that I can solve it with your help. I think that 1st Gen units are more than good enough even in 2019 [personally I really love my good old Standard] and can’t come to terms with this limitations.

My bad.
“Input 2” is OK! Have problem only with “Output 1 Right”! Still need help... :(

Open it up and make sure all connectors are firmly in place.
Yep, it’s all in place and connection looks pretty good.
Should I check some specific wire in this connection between front panel board and motherboard?
Unfortunately I have no idea about wiring (pinout) in this connectors, so I can just ringup all connections point to point wire by wire.
I also think that it can be some opamp or transistor in output circuit... trying to find a way to check it.

It happens somethimes that the connections get loose and the unit starts to misbehave. It happend to me once.
But if youhave reseated all connector and still have issues, I'm afraid the only way is to have it serviced professionally.

Thanks for your advices!
I’ll check connections more attentive.
I can repair it by myself, but without connector pinout and at least approximately output scheme it will take forever)))

Last edited:
Problem solved!
@hubula , thank you so much for your advice! It was just an internal connection issue)) Now I can truly enjoy my Axe Fx Standard))

Problem solved!
@hubula , thank you so much for your advice! It was just an internal connection issue)) Now I can truly enjoy my Axe Fx Standard))
Could you please explain what was your "internal connection issue", i have a same problem with stereo output but cannot find where the problem is?
Tnx

Could you please explain what was your "internal connection issue", i have a same problem with stereo output but cannot find where the problem is?
Tnx
There are 4 black cables between motherboard and front panel. You should check this connections.
I’ve just pull the Output 1 connector slightly (cable connector on motherboard side) and it worked))
If you’ll make it by yourself, please, be careful.
BTW, have you check output levels in Utility menu?

Last edited:
Hello. I got exactly the same problem. Your idea worked for me as well. On the photo you can see the black cables, I pulled all of them to be sure.

Attachments

• ultra.jpg
    ultra.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom