Axe-fx standard availability ?

I happened to check last Friday and got one of the last new ones. Every other time I've checked, they weren't available.

Just came today - need to figure out the best way to use it. Didn't sound that great in the effects return of my amp (turned off the cab emulator and something else that was faux speaker related), but I really look forward to getting a lot out of this for recording. Time to hit the Wiki and the manual!

I happened to check last Friday and got one of the last new ones. Every other time I've checked, they weren't available.

Just came today - need to figure out the best way to use it. Didn't sound that great in the effects return of my amp (turned off the cab emulator and something else that was faux speaker related), but I really look forward to getting a lot out of this for recording. Time to hit the Wiki and the manual!
I loved using it through the effects loop of my mark iv. Sounded indistinguishable from the native preamp. What amp are you using? Is it a serial or parallel effects loop? Assume you also turned off power amp simulation as well as cabs?

I loved using it through the effects loop of my mark iv. Sounded indistinguishable from the native preamp. What amp are you using? Is it a serial or parallel effects loop? Assume you also turned off power amp simulation as well as cabs?

The amp was my Splawn Pro Mod running into a 2x12 cab. I ran the Out from the back of the Axe-FX into the effects Return on the amp head. The volume controls on the amp didn't work which surprised me--I knew I was bypassing the Splawn's preamp but I thought the master vol would still work. The amp's Presence did work. I had the input knob of the Axe-FX around 12:00 or 1:00 and the output knob set lower to control the volume. Cab sim and power amp sims were set to off. One thing I'm thinking of now is that maybe I didn't turn the mic settings off. Not sure if they're defeated when you turn off the cab sim.

So yeah, I'm open to suggestion as I'm sure I didn't optimize it in the short time I used it. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom