Axe-Fx > SPDIF > Scarlett 6i6. No output level meters?

rich2k4

Inspired
I have the axe plugged into the scarlett 6i6 via spdif. I set the 6i6 to direct monitor the spdif, in standalone mode, meaning I don't need to have the PC turned on to use it.

I'm noticing on the Axe, none of the output level meters light up. Meaning I don't know if I am clipping when turning up the level in Axe Edit, or increasing input drive, etc.

Is there a way to turn these on in the Axe for SPDIF? I'm guessing if I run Focusrite Control, I could probably see the levels but I don't want to have my PC turned on every time I want to practice guitar (but I do want it plugged in to the interface so I'm ready to record)

UPDATE: I think I may have got what I need. In the Meters menu, the USB Out 1/2 meter. Still no visual signal as to when it's clipping, but I guess if i keep it 85%-90% of the way up, I should be fine.

Can anyone confirm?

UPDATE 2: I think I further found what I want. Layout mode, Zoom, and the output 1/2 at the top.

Still would be useful to not have to menu dive, and have that represented in the output meter on the front of the unit. The only time those meters are active is when I turn up the Out 1 knob, but in this situation with SPDIF, i don't need the Out 1 knob.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom