Axe FX sounds better after a few minutes?

Has anyone ever noticed, that an ice-cream tastes better and better too... after a few licks or chocolate cake after a few bites?!

Similarly, Like ice-cream, my Axe-Fx 'sounds better' and better,... after a few licks.

Last edited:
It's funny but I notice variances in the tone sometimes too within a playing session or day to day and agree with above that it's my ears and possibly my mood or attention span at times too. I play through headphones mostly now and there are some days nothing sounds good so I won't play very long and there are days that it all sounds so good that I play forever. I have very sensitive hearing and always notice the little details in everything in everyday life so it has to be me but I could swear it's the Axe sometimes too. I even check the batteries in my Fishman Fluence pickups sometimes just to make sure one isn't going dead. The perceived variances can really make a difference in playing no matter where they come from and I actually have set up similar but different presets or scenes to match the variances so I can play on what sounds good that day. Weird but sounds like I'm not the only one!

Does that mean cliff modelled temperature ramp up effects in all the components?

Can we simulate playing in Scandinavia or a desert?
No, I was referring to physical capacitors (on PCB) in the signal chain in the unit itself, not modelled circuits in DSP.

My Motu 828es has an LA-2A sim that is supposedly modeled so closely that it has to warm up when you turn it on. It really states this in the manual.

Back
Top Bottom