Axe Fx sounding better with FracPad?

Erik Hammero

Inspired
I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I couldn't find any other place that would fit better.
I have been using my Axe Fx II XL with both Axe Edit and Fracpad.
Is it my imagination or does the amps and distortion pedals sound better with FracPad?
The only reason I can think of if this is the case, is that FracPad uses "more accurate" twists of parameters?
For instance with pedals you get the "knobs" that is originally on the real pedals. That way you can dial in that pedal more accurate with turning the "right" parameters?
Anyone else with similar experience? Maybe its just the famous placebo kicking in. :)

Hope I made myself understandable here...

With the front panel, and using Axe-Edit, you can adjust the knobs down to the second decimal place of accuracy. Fracpad isn't doing anything special

Besides, no one is going to hear a difference if a setting it 1.10 vs 1.09 anyways

Power of suggestion is a powerful thing.....

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I couldn't find any other place that would fit better.
I have been using my Axe Fx II XL with both Axe Edit and Fracpad.
Is it my imagination or does the amps and distortion pedals sound better with FracPad?
The only reason I can think of if this is the case, is that FracPad uses "more accurate" twists of parameters?
For instance with pedals you get the "knobs" that is originally on the real pedals. That way you can dial in that pedal more accurate with turning the "right" parameters?
Anyone else with similar experience? Maybe its just the famous placebo kicking in. :)

Hope I made myself understandable here...

As the controls get simpler and more familiar to their real life counterparts you will get more rapid results, the brain will associate that to better tone because its not over looking and thinking what other parameters do, focusing more on the sound you are getting.

So yes, the Axe FX is sounding better, but in your brain only...where it matters.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom