1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Axe Fx sighting? Maybe. Pink Floyd Content.

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx II Discussion' started by sonofmickel, Oct 12, 2018 at 3:11 AM.

1. sonofmickel

sonofmickel
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Gotcha!
    Not really THE Pink Floyd, but something like that!
    Pretty cool.

2. #2 AlGrenadine, Oct 12, 2018 at 3:37 AM
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018 at 3:58 AM
    AlGrenadine

AlGrenadine
    Expand Collapse
    Axe-Master

Evolutive comment while listening :
    - omg that drummer is a jem
    - omg that sound
    - 18:40 : the solo killed me ! It's a total revisiting, you modernized it but keeping its structure, harmony and soul !
    - Us and them : loved the saxo and energy on choruses
    If i must emit a small critic : The clean guitar sound on us and them is a bit thin for me, too bright maybe
    - 32:40 : i love when you get into those jazzy licks

Waw, it was a remarkable journey, thanks
    So much talented persons !

3. Smittefar

Smittefar
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

I love Martin Miller and these 'in-studio-jams' are all just fantastic.

I am not sure, how much he actually uses the AxeFX though. He has an endorsement deal with Laney amps, so it could be, he is just using it for FX. Could also be all AxeFX and the Laney amps are just for show.

4. sonofmickel

sonofmickel
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Read some of Martin Millers' gear-bio after a watched/listened to the video.
    I agree that most of the tones were fantastic and a couple were different than expected. Very impressed with their version of the classic.
    http://www.martinmillerguitar.com/gear.html

Martin Miller quote:
    "I've started using the Fractal Audio Axe FX II for recording exlusively. I've also been touring with it extensively and it never let me down. Live I use it in conjunction with an RCF NX10sma powered monitor and the Laney IRT-X.".