Axe-Fx sends weird MIDI data

edwinstar

Hi!
My DAW (Logic Pro X) receives huge amounts of Sysex-like Midi Data from my Axe-FX lll. I connected it to my Computer via USB.
Is there any way to turn that kind of Data Stream off but still be able to remote control the Unit via Axe-Edit?
Thanks!

Some of the data you are seeing is most likely the tempo and tuner info. You can disable the stream by going to Setup->Midi/Remote and disabling "Send Realtime Sysex". This shouldn't impact your ability to use Axe-Edit.

I guess it's also possible that while you are running Axe-Edit, it is querying block info for the whole preset even if you change just one parameter. But im guessing that wouldn’t be a constant stream, only when you change something on Axe-Edit.

Last edited:
The huge amounts of sysex will be intended for Axe Edit. Tempo and tuner data can be turned off, as above, that they don't create anything near the same volume of data. Is the MIDI actually causing a problem for your DAW?

Yes, I had problems with Midi Recordings full of Sysex clutter that wouldn't play the actual notes anymore. Deactivating "send realtime Sysex" didn't do enough, so i searched for a solution in Logic and found the setting to turn off Axe-FX as a Midi Input Device. Now my Midi Regions are clean again :) Thanks for steering me in the right direction!

Yes, I had problems with Midi Recordings full of Sysex clutter that wouldn't play the actual notes anymore. Deactivating "send realtime Sysex" didn't do enough, so i searched for a solution in Logic and found the setting to turn off Axe-FX as a Midi Input Device. Now my Midi Regions are clean again :) Thanks for steering me in the right direction!
Where did you find that?

Hi!
My DAW (Logic Pro X) receives huge amounts of Sysex-like Midi Data from my Axe-FX lll. I connected it to my Computer via USB.
Is there any way to turn that kind of Data Stream off but still be able to remote control the Unit via Axe-Edit?
Thanks!
Go to File->Song Settings->MIDI->Input Filter and filter out sysex. There's no need to disable any midi devices.

Back
Top Bottom