Axe-Fx S/PDIF Squealing When Unit Is Off

B:ASSMASTER

Experienced
So, this is weird and just started happening. I haven't changed any settings.

Whenever my computer and audio interface (Steinberg UR28M) are on, but the Axe-Fx is off...I get ear splitting noise that's going red on my UR28M output meter. I open up my Steinberg interface program and see that the S/PDIF signal is pegged out. That's connected to my Axe-Fx. Whenever my Axe is off, I have to go into that program and mute the S/PDIF output to stop the squealing. However, I can still see from the meter in the program that it's still in the red (it's just muted from going through to the speakers now). When I turn my Axe-Fx on, the squealing stops and the meter falls down to nothing in the program.

What the heck is going on?

Sounds like a feedback loop? Maybe when the interface loses the spdif clock it switches to another in or out? Or the the related software does? Just thinking out loud.

Last edited:
Sounds like a feedback loop? Maybe when the interface loses the spdif clock it switches to another in or out? Or the the related software does? Just thinking out loud.
My interface has always been set to the internal word clock signal. It's never been set to the signal input of S/PDIF IN.

Back
Top Bottom