AXE FX RECORDING USING A TONE MATCHED TONE!

SlugAlex

Alright, so as usual, I like to post the stuff that my studio partner and I have been working on, regardless if it is my own bands stuff or not. In this case it IS my own bands stuff.
We used a Tone Matched tone that we got from the Evanescence song "Bring Me To Life". It is the Rhythm tone used in all the distorted guitar rhythms.
Let me know what you think. This really made me want to look more into Tone Matching, and its capabilities.
It felt like we tried 100s of tones for this song, but once we tried that specific one, it just sat perfectly int he mix.
Anyways, let me know what you think. We recorded, produced, and mixed this song in my bed room as we usually do.

The tone sounds great, like a really thick Friedman or Mesa block within the vocal verses, just the right amount of verb for a really nice sound!

I actually geeked out on that Evanescence song a lot back in the match EQ days. I'm not sure if I remember correctly but I think the left and right guitars were different... and if I really remember correctly it was the same sound but there was a boost of around 6db on the other ones low and high end. So essentially once you volume balance them the other side will have more mids and the other is more scooped even though it's the "same sound". I always meant to try that trick in a mix but haven't tried it yet.

Back
Top Bottom