Axe-Fx "really real" AGAIN? Let's reword this..

I've always gotten great tones from the Ultra/II but each iteration of firmware has greatly improved the visceral feeling of plugging into a real, raging tube amp. This is especially true for v10 for me; this version is totally addictive on all counts. Definitely easier to get to where you want to be, but it's the improved 'feel' when you're in the drivers seat that each successive firmware is providing that I take notice of. I feel v10 is indeed a milestone out of many we've seen with FAS.

I loved v9 a LOT, but v10 does step things up for me....big time.

The other thing is,

AxeFx gurus have been dialing in stellar tones since the Std / Ultra days.

But now mere mortals like me can also achieve great results with minor minor changes to the basic controls.

All the 'realer' crap is Internet meme that somehow caught on.

It was 'real' back with the Standard on 3.0 when I first bought that in 2007.

The evolutionary aspect of this technology bothers some people; so they get upset and talk in memes. Don't worry.... it's just the Internet.

Exactly! It has become increasingly easier to get the tones I lke.'

FW 10 Easy like pulling hair out my nose. (Also bribngs tears to my eyes when I succeed :p )

AAEN

The feel of every firmware update has been "different" to me, but never any more real. The added controls and features are always "awesomer", though :)

The Axe-Fx has sounded *great* for years now. I think the whole "more real" with every firmware thing just means the Axe has been getting closer and closer to being identical to the amps it models with every update, which it has.

I think v10 finally pushed the Axe over the edge though, from v9.02's "great and like very polished, idealized studio versions of the amps modeled" to v10's "literally no discernible difference in sound or feel at all between the models and the amp in the room" and that's why the reactions are so strong about this one, and why people are gravitating towards the whole "more real than ever" shtick this time around.

Back
Top Bottom