axe fx + randall rt2/50

Javilynch

Inspired
hi !

someone is using this configuration? ...power sims on?off?....

I'm currently using an art sla 2, but to try the axe through the loop of my tube amp, I remembered how good it sounds on tube amps.

I'm seriously considering returning to amplify my axe through tube amp.

randall users,please give me some info!!

Cheers!!

I just got one of these for another rig (Egnater M4) but tried it with the Axe-Fx and really like it. I've tried the MESA 2:90, ART SLA-2, and the VTH 2//50/2 and prefer the Randall. It is pretty heavy, but you can put 6L6s in one side and EL34s in the other and bias them yourself form the front panel (you need an ohmmeter, which can be had at any Radio Shack).

Power amp sims off for sure (my preference). I played with a Les Paul (JB in the bridge) into a 4x12 with V30s and another 4x12 with greenbacks.

Right now I'm using 2 Atomic FRs with the Axe-Fx and am pretty happy, but this Randall is nice!

They are close. I like the Atomics because it is a fairly lightweight simple set-up compared to the heavy power amp and 4x12 cabs. I also run Output 2 to FOH.

I have tried some FFRR solutions, but definitely not for me,I prefer cabinets and power amps, ss or tubes.
before moving to ss, used a VHT 2/90/2, but I do not get to taste as much as the power amp section of my the valve 3 / 100. (34).

I have an Rt2/50 and can't say enough good things about it. Having two different tube types to choose from at a time, plus midi switching etc is a godsend for anyone after "their" tone. It's so versatile and sounds great.

I run my Axe direct to PA, but had the Randall amp here in the studio and it sounded really good with a 4/12 cab, also still have a very old ADA Microtube 200 and it doesn't sound bad at all, but it colors the sound more, I'd recommend the Randall, but I'm still going to continue straight to PA.

Back
Top Bottom