Axe FX Rack Interface Panels In The UK!

Paulg2uk

Power User
Yes, that's really too expensive for basic connectors I think.
I got mine for a lot less from the USA (Vafam) and I'm closer to the UK than to the USA.

I tried the guys at Vafam they replied once and then stopped emailing me after my second message. I'm not sure why. Are they that busy? I wouldn't trust myself to wire any of this up I'm pretty useless at that sort of thing. I'm just a guitar player at the end of the day lol.

How much less are we talking here?

I looked it up and edited my post.

Hans from Vafam sadly passed away last year.
I don't know if they're still in business.

I looked it up and edited my post.

Hans from Vafam sadly passed away last year.
I don't know if they're still in business.

That could be why then. I didn't know that, I feel bad now!

So around $300 then that's around £215. I'd still have to pay import duty on that so probably around another £50 I reckon knowing rip off Britain. It's pretty close really. I didn't pay £320 but the way I paid around £270 that was with a couple of other cables as well. I think they probably under quoted me as I was the first customer to ask for one of these.

Do it yourself - it's not difficult.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, it really doesn't take any specialized tools and you can even do it solder free (thought soldering is pretty easy too) with just pass-thru style connectors. I bought all my connectors from Redco and Monoprice and I think it cost maybe $100 US total, and that is including some sort of fun, but silly stuff I didn't have to include like Powercon connectors, and the little silicon gaskets around each connector (which are way overpriced at $2 each)

Its a fun project and given you did it yourself and know how its done, you can then easily swap stuff around, change out connectors etc as your needs change.

I didn't have to solder one single wire to put this panel together

stand%2005_zpsayvdf9u5.jpg

Hi Paul - yep you could do this yourself with a 1U pre-punched panel and your selection of Neutrik connectors and some cable plus a bit of time for around £100 - I got all the parts from Audiospares. Somebody is charging quite a bit for their time in that link you posted!

Hi Paul - yep you could do this yourself with a 1U pre-punched panel and your selection of Neutrik connectors and some cable plus a bit of time for around £100 - I got all the parts from Audiospares. Somebody is charging quite a bit for their time in that link you posted!

If I had the time and trusted myself to do it then yeah I'd do it myself. I'm just no good at that sort of thing and would prefer for someone else who does good quality work to do it. I'm sure there's other axe user out there in the UK like me who would prefer this.

Yes I know - maybe most guys haven't the time or skills to make a panel like that BUT £320/$450 is a LOT of hard-earned cash for such a simple thing (which you can get by without really). Guess I'm lucky being an ex-telecomms engineer :)
I'd happily make one for you for £150..............

Yes I know - maybe most guys haven't the time or skills to make a panel like that BUT £320/$450 is a LOT of hard-earned cash for such a simple thing (which you can get by without really). Guess I'm lucky being an ex-telecomms engineer :)
I'd happily make one for you for £150..............

Lol there you go. You have experience in that sort of a thing. I agree its a lot to spend but when you take into consideration how much people have spent on their axe I think they might wanna spend the extra and have someone do it for them.

I'm sure you would of made one for me if only I'd known lol

Back
Top Bottom