• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Axe FX Preset Changing over Midi

tamadrums14

Hello guys,

Gear:
Presonus Studio one
Scarlett Focusrite 18i20
Axe fx 2
Axe fx 2 XL+

I would like to send midi patch changes from 1 interface to both axe fx's separately using midi thru.

Previously I was using a USB hub and the DAW Reaper which I was manually having to check and assign the fractals in the respected tracks EVERY single time we would turn on the axe fx's. This became a huge inconvenience in a live setting because I have my own gear to worry about and my two guitarists are knuckleheads.

We have recently just added some songs to our set list and thought it would be a great time to change the DAW from Reaper to Studio one however, Studio one does not like multiple USB devices. I managed to configure the MIDI out on the interface to work flawlessly changing the patches on the AXE FX 2 XL+. Now the Standstill I have is how will i get the AXE FX 2 to change patches along with It's respected track. I saw the AXE FX 2 XL+ has MIDI thru, But that changes the patches together when I need them to change separately.

Top Bottom