Axe FX power amp under 500

Another recommendation for the Carvin DCM1540L. $400.00, fairly light, 425 watts into 8 ohms-750 watts!!! into 4 ohms, stereo, fairly quiet. It kicked a Fryette 2/50/2 stereo tube amp to the curb.

I've got a Rocktron Velocity 300 in the attic...it's staying there. Really not a very good sounding amp.

Call me crazy but... what if you just bought a Bugera and ran into the return? You even get a spare amp out of the deal! :lol MF is selling Bugera's 5150 clone for two hundred shipped today O_O

I actually have a bugera lol, It was my first tube amp, but I got a real 5150 so I never use it anymore, I thought about it but one of the main reasons I want the axe fx is because I dont wanna carry massive tube heads anymore.

What speaker cab are you going to power, that might make it easier for them to narrow down recommendations.
If you don't have a speaker cab yet either then a cheap way into it would be a 1x12 or 2x12 combo tube amp with an effects return. Just plug the output of the AxeFx into it and use the AxeFx controls for volume as well as everything else.

Back
Top Bottom