Axe-FX on Broadway

joegold

Fractal Fanatic
Evidently, Joel Hoekstra, the guitarist playing in Rock Of Ages on Broadway, is using an Axe-FX.

that's effectively a cover band show, so i would expect the axe would be the only legit player in the game. kudos for him and fas!

Well, Madrid is not Broadway, although Gran Vía street is called "the spanish Broadway", because is where the biggest theaters are. I've been there playing musicals the last seven years.

I've used the Axe since 2009, on Mamma Mía, Saturday Night Fever, and Spamalot. Before that... ahem... it was... ahem... Pod, Tonelab, and GT8.

Nobody's perfect... 8)

Spiderman is using them as well.

Both Reeve Carney (who plays Spiderman) and his brother Zane (the show's guitarist) studied with my partner at our vocal studio, before they left for New York to do the show. I remember telling Reeve about my Axe and how great it was.

Last edited:
Anyone know if the Rock of Ages touring group is using the AxeFX? It sure sounded like it. They had a tone for everything. Saw the show last night in Dallas.

Last edited:
Yeah, unless you want to piss off your neighbors use the new headphone jack for any presets called Oppenheimer or Trinity.

Back
Top Bottom