AFIII Axe FX on a *GASP* Pop/Rock Song

It DOES sound like a radio hit, and I like the guitar tones, especially at the beginning. (I hear a "She Sells Sanctuary" influence...which I consider a good thing!)

My question is, does that "Cali Dream" even exist any more? Is this song an unintentional nostalgia song?

I mean, all I hear about is needles on the streets, people living on the streets, people pooping on the streets.... That, and an overall sense that only those who're "connected" in some way have a chance to get ahead.

Granted, that song/video's more about L.A., I guess, whereas the folks I know mostly lived in San Francisco and surrounding areas, or else near San Diego. (I say "lived" because they all recently "escaped" -- their choice of words -- to other places: Sonoma, Nashville, some community near Houston.)

Not trying to change the thread topic to something negative; but I'd been wondering what a proverbial "Cali Dream" even was, any more, or if that idea peaked around the time America remade "California Dreaming" in the late 70's, and had been gradually diminishing since then. In the video it appears to be: Go to the beach -- where it isn't, apparently, warm enough to swim since folks are wearing hoodies -- and hang with friends. Is that the gist, these days?

This riff came from my Axe FX vs. Kemper video on the Bogner amps. I ended up using the AXE FX preset to finish the recording and make this way too happy pop/rock song. =]

Man that sounds great really Dig the song. I’d love to hear that on the radio Kudos. The drum track is really awesome thanks for sharing the song with us. :cool:

It DOES sound like a radio hit, and I like the guitar tones, especially at the beginning. (I hear a "She Sells Sanctuary" influence...which I consider a good thing!)

My question is, does that "Cali Dream" even exist any more? Is this song an unintentional nostalgia song?

I mean, all I hear about is needles on the streets, people living on the streets, people pooping on the streets.... That, and an overall sense that only those who're "connected" in some way have a chance to get ahead.

Granted, that song/video's more about L.A., I guess, whereas the folks I know mostly lived in San Francisco and surrounding areas, or else near San Diego. (I say "lived" because they all recently "escaped" -- their choice of words -- to other places: Sonoma, Nashville, some community near Houston.)

Not trying to change the thread topic to something negative; but I'd been wondering what a proverbial "Cali Dream" even was, any more, or if that idea peaked around the time America remade "California Dreaming" in the late 70's, and had been gradually diminishing since then. In the video it appears to be: Go to the beach -- where it isn't, apparently, warm enough to swim since folks are wearing hoodies -- and hang with friends. Is that the gist, these days?

I spend quite a bit of time in Oceanside and so it's just a happy Summer feel for me. I def agree that things have changed in many areas, but it's not everywhere and there is a certain vibe that is just very California that inspired the music. I probably notice it more because half my year is over in Jersey, so when I make the coastal flip, I REALLY notice the vibe.

Back
Top Bottom