Axe FX Name Timeout

Jerry K.

Experienced
I just got my new Axe FX II today and have connected it to my MFC-101. I have all of the latest updates installed, my MFC-101 is set to expansion and the MIDI channels are both set to 1. My MFC-101 powers on via the Cat 5 cable but it won't display the patch name from the Axe. It does change the Axe patches but it is very slow and then the MFC-101 displays "Axe FX Name Timeout!"

Help!

Thanks

I've gotten used to it. Even when wwitching back and forth between the II and the Ultra, i still stop and go....WHAT??.......oh duh. :razz

wait what was the oops?? I'm having the same problem-new cables, XA-2 adapter and brand new axe fx iixl+ just says x001 on preset and then goes to "name timeout!" the name doesn't show in the mfc window and it doesn't change the presets on the axe fx ii arghh

It's timed out because the Axe Fx midi was disabled. The instructions are listed on the MFC-101 Quickstart guide under Choose A Setup. If you don't find it.. here's how to change it. On your Axe FX II or whatever you have. Press the I/O button, and tab over to Midi. There you will find the you midi..if it says disabled, change it to Faslink for XLR cable. Hope it helps.

Back
Top Bottom