Bug? AXE-FX NAME TIMEOUT message

taavila

Hello, i've researched on forum about message axe fx name time out, but many reasons and cases are found. In my case I stop to use for few months my mfc101 and now after updated to new Quantum 8.02 and mfc to 3.08 both Axe fx and MFC mark II.. I got axe fx name time out message.. if I change the presset from axe fx button it's also change on MFC101 but if I change on MFC axe fx doesnt change and after some seconds the message appears.. may some one have idea how to deal with it...

Last edited:
Hello, i've researched on forum about message axe fx name time out, but many reasons and cases are found. In my case I stop to use for few months my mfc101 and now after updated to new Quantum 8.02 and mfc to 3.08 both Axe fx and MFC mark II.. I got axe fx name time out message.. if I change the presset from axe fx button it's also change on MFC101 but if I change on MFC axe fx doesnt change and after some seconds the message appears.. may some one have idea how to deal with it...
How are you connected? Sounds like maybe 1 direction of the bidirectional communication isn't working. Have you tried a different cable or different connection method?

I've tried by expansion port and also by midi.. by using Ethernet conection proceeded as I explained before none axe changes by controlling the MFC.. but by changing to midi cable.. the axe fx receive the comand from MFC and send normally. Only by Ethernet seems to not work properly.

Last edited:
Yes, I've tried different conection Ethernet and midi cable. For midi cable seems to be ok.. but I couldn't get the same by Ethernet cable.. I don't know why. As it works in one direction I supose that is not a hardware trouble but configuration I'm not shure

Did you try a different Ethercon cable?

Yes, I've tried two other cables, first didn't work even the MFC wasn't on. So I change to the second one and I had the problem described above. Finally I tried a third cable and works perfectly now..
Fortunately the bad cables not damage my MFC or Axe, but I'm afraid to get this trouble again and damage my devices. Since I wasn't using often MFC, the cable is almost new, I don't know why it's bad. Actually is low usage cable bought from guitar cable(best tronic).

Becasuse of that, I'm thinking to invest in high quality cables and ethercon plugs. I've heard that expansion port is very sensible to tell tale so some one has experience that?
Use high quality cables really will reduce the risk of damage? or should I buy the adapters XA-1 and XA-2 to convert my AXE-FX II and MFC101 Mark II to fasLINK cable? This will become more robust?
I've researched, that CAT6A is the best cables on the market, they are more resistent and better data trasmiter. But is not easy find on my country this cable with etherCON plugs. So I'm think to assembly personally one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom