Axe Fx Name Timeout Issue

dbun

Experienced
Hi guys,

I just received my MFC MKII today and hooked it all up via Ethercon and I'm receiving the dreaded "Axe-Fx Timeout" error.

I've read everything, checked all settings and now I'm convinced it's a hardware fault.
I've tried several cables too.

I'm in Melbourne, Australia, so sending gear back is not easy.

Is there anything I can look at inside as a tell-tale sign the port itself is bad?

I've plugged a cable into the Axe Fx and checked continuity from the end of the Cat5 to the pins inside the Axe Fx, so it seems the unit has a proper connection.
The MFC was a bit harder to test as the Ethernet pins aren't as readily accessible.

Should I just give up and resort to 7-pin MIDI?

Thanks

Did you verify the following:

* MFC Midi set to Expansion
* MFC set to the correct type (XL, Ultra, etc)
* If AXE is XL, you set the mode from FASLINK to ethercon

Should I just give up and resort to 7-pin MIDI?

No, typically this just means the MFC is out of sync with how your Axe-FX is configured for midi control.

Do you have any custom global parameters set or could you factory reset the Axe-FX and MFC? That would eliminate and isolate the issue.

Verify what biskitboy said also.

I'll double check, but I've read multiple posts and threads about this and gone through all the suggestions.

Checked the physical sockets and there is no bent pins etc; previous owner didn't even have a MFC.

I'll try factory reset.

I've reset both MFC and Axe Fx (both running latest software) and no luck.
Might try reflashing the MFC once I get a MIDI cable, I've read this have fixed it for a couple of people.

I've read some posts about people plugging in the USB cable to the Ethernet port by mistake and shorting it out.
I've popped the top of the Axe Fx and everything looks fine, no burn marks etc, so it doesn't look like anything is damaged. Also, the pins are perfectly aligned, which I would not expect if a foreign object has been inserted.

Back
Top Bottom