Axe-FX Mode setting not saved with SysEx file?

thehydeout

Experienced
Hey, I just started with this app and MFC so still finding my way around, but when I open a file I get the warning "NOTE: In this mode the "Axe-FX Func" column on the IA switches page is ignored". This is because it is set to "None". If I set it to XL+ and save the file, when I reopen it I get the same error and it's set back to None.

Why does it not save this setting in the SysEx file?

I found this also gets transmitted to the MFC so if I don't remember to change it in the editor every time I send a file I have to go into the settings on the MFC and change it back.

(Note, I just installed the software and do not even have the key for it yet if that makes a difference)

Thanks

Hey, I just started with this app and MFC so still finding my way around, but when I open a file I get the warning "NOTE: In this mode the "Axe-FX Func" column on the IA switches page is ignored". This is because it is set to "None". If I set it to XL+ and save the file, when I reopen it I get the same error and it's set back to None.

Why does it not save this setting in the SysEx file?

I found this also gets transmitted to the MFC so if I don't remember to change it in the editor every time I send a file I have to go into the settings on the MFC and change it back.

(Note, I just installed the software and do not even have the key for it yet if that makes a difference)

Thanks
Send me your sysex file and I'll take a look. That message isn't an error, its a reminder that when the Axe-Fx mode is set to "None" or "Axe-FX III" that the Axe-Fx Func column is ignored. That's the correct behavior. Note that for the MFC-101, Axe-Fx Mode "None" and "Axe-Fx III" are synonymous. There's more detail on that in the addendum to the MFC-Edit Users's Manual and on the MFC-Edit Forum on this site.

UPDATE: - You have found a bug. The message is fine, but the "Axe-Fx Mode" should be saved to the sysex file. I broke that when I added the Axe-Fx III features. I will do a little more testing and get a build up onto the servers as soon as possible.

UPDATE #2: Bug fixed. Version 8.1 is now on the servers and should auto-update.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom