AXE-FX MK II, POWER AMP, FRFR Speakers RIG AND recording

Greetings Fractal Community,

I mainly do a lot of studio recording but am starting to gig here and there. As of now my rig consists of:

-2-FRFR Mackie HD1221 powered speakers running stereo
-AXE-FX MK II-direct into pro tools
-MFC-101 Mk III

Guitar:
-JP6 Black Sugar, Roasted Maple Neck, Crunchlab/Liquifier combo
-JPX7 Barolo, BKP's Juggernaut's

I was reluctant to sell my monster orange TV-200 Rig and switch solely to the axe-FX, but I'm sure glad I did. Playing has never been easier or more inspirational! BUT, I do miss that "Tube" sound from real analog amps (as do we all). My question is what are the best power amp rack effects to get for the AXE-FX MK II? I understand that I would need to get passive FRFR speakers to allow the power amp to do it's job and i've been looking at the GTX1000 and GTX800, these seem like the most logical choice. However I want to carry that same tone from this combo'd axe-fx and power amp into my recordings (Direct into Protools) Is this even possible when using a power amp? For gigs i want to stay with FRFR speakers, and also go direct to the house PA so I don't have to lug around a big ass cab and head etc. I want to keep my rig simple, small, portable but POWERFUL. I am also a considering getting some atomic's speakers ( so freakin pricey though). Can anyone shed some light on this subject? I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom