Axe FX Looper Jam #2 - Halloween Edition

Horganovski

Experienced
Trying to make a solo guitar sound like the Orb I guess. All sounds created from one guitar with the Axe FX looper allowing me to do all of the parts in one take, switching effects as I go to play in different registers. More polished stuff to follow once I get all the pedals set up the way I'm happy with (just got the MFC today) but having a lot of fun with building this setup, so many possibilities :)

Please don't listen to this one while operating heavy machinery.

Thanks! The reverse option in the looper is a lot of fun for more abstract stuff. I like to think if a casual listener heard this they might not realize it's all made by a guitar to start with :)

The range of sounds available is just off the chart in the AxeFX. Nice to have that flexibility so it opens up the creativity.

Thanks guys! I totally get why some people are so interested in matching the tone of their favorite players with the Axe FX, but to me that's only a tiny part of what it can potentially do. I love electronic and ambient music almost as much as guitar music so I'm really interested to see what sounds I can get that don't necessarily sound like a 'regular' guitar at all.

Here's a silly video I made today while trying to approximate some early '70s analogue synth sounds for another example :)
I have an Electro Harmonix Microsynth in the effects loop of my XL and I'm looping that and using tempo synced tremolo/delay for the main part of the tone.

Back
Top Bottom