Axe-Fx ll Preset Question

You're right. It's always good to back up. But I have a feeling that @Rocstx wants to be done with whatever the previous owner set up, and to just start fresh, so I didn't mention it. But making a backup never hurts.
I always do that, one never knows what can happen during loading new FW and one or two times I simply switched back as the new FW had minor bugs or to check if my ears were lying on certain sound evolutions... This is not likely to happen on the II anymore of course

I always do that, one never knows what can happen during loading new FW and one or two times I simply switched back as the new FW had minor bugs or to check if my ears were lying on certain sound evolutions... This is not likely to happen on the II anymore of course
Yes, but the backup didn't help you switch back to old firmware. ;)

Still, I would never discourage anyone from making a backup.

Yes, but the backup didn't help you switch back to old firmware. ;)

Still, I would never discourage anyone from making a backup.
I'd rather say that wo the corresponding backup, including the system backup, retrograde FW version is dangerous beyond multiple versions. I tried once to go back to FW7 from FW19 and thought I killed the unit that got stuck/blocked at power up (I admit this was a very stupid idea.... 😭).

I'd rather say that wo the corresponding backup, including the system backup, retrograde FW version is dangerous beyond multiple versions. I tried once to go back to FW7 from FW19 and thought I killed the unit that got stuck/blocked at power up (I admit this was a very stupid idea.... 😭).
That’s odd. It should be a safe thing to do.

You can do that.

1) On the front panel, go to Setup > Utility > Preset > Erase All Presets, and hit Enter.

2) Then go to Setup > Utility > Reset > Reset System Params. Hit Enter.

— You now have a blank Axe-Fx. —

3) Go to the Fractal website and download the factory presets. The file you download will include instructions on how to load these presets into your Axe-Fx. Follow these instructions, and your Axe-Fx will be configured just like when it was new.
Hey Rex....Thanks again for the info. I have been down for the count here with a good dose of holiday COVID! Anyway, feeling better today, so would love to give this totally machine reset a shot. One big start up question though please....Where on the front panel of the Axe ll is there a setup button? I can see the Utility button on the front panel, but that doesn't bring up any preset page that has an erase option. Please let me know as soon as ya can. Love to get this done and start fresh. Thanks again!

Hey Rex....Thanks again for the info. I have been down for the count here with a good dose of holiday COVID! Anyway, feeling better today, so would love to give this totally machine reset a shot. One big start up question though please....Where on the front panel of the Axe ll is there a setup button? I can see the Utility button on the front panel, but that doesn't bring up any preset page that has an erase option. Please let me know as soon as ya can. Love to get this done and start fresh. Thanks again!
Use the Global button...

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom