Axe FX ll---> Crunch-Lab---> Ibanez Basswood body(RG1820)

No need to hurry, mate.

Some remarks from my part. I've got an EBMM JP12 7-string (voicing of the CrunchLab is apparently a little bit different than the 6-string equivalent). Compared to my ESP Horizon NT-II (TonePros fixed bridge; I frequently swap pickups on that one, including CrunchLab), I found out that I need a slightly different technique for tight palm muting. The JP12 seems far less forgiving when it comes to wrong placement of my palm. Also, its pickups are closer to the strings, so there is significantly more output and "boominess". On the USA Lead BRT, I usually never turn BASS higher than 1.0. I set OVERDRIVE pretty high (at least 9.0) and INPUT DRIVE is between 6.5 and 7.5 - it might start to flub at higher values. The USA IIC+ BRIGHT can do a BASS at about 2.5 much tighter than the former. When it comes to IRs with the Mesa Mark-models, I prefer the LV-mixes from the OH-HGE-MESA pack in combination with a slightly V-shaped EQ in the AMP-block.

In conclusion, the JP12 seems generally less forgiving when I play sloppy (which I do most of the time, because I suck :mrgreen).

EDIT
Another possibility would be to lower OVERDRIVE and to keep INPUT DRIVE even lower, but use a DRIVE-pedal in front of the AMP-block with a TS808/TS808 MOD, DRIVE and TONE @ 0 and LEVEL very high (above 7.0).

No need to hurry, mate.

Some remarks from my part. I've got an EBMM JP12 7-string (voicing of the CrunchLab is apparently a little bit different than the 6-string equivalent). Compared to my ESP Horizon NT-II (TonePros fixed bridge; I frequently swap pickups on that one, including CrunchLab), I found out that I need a slightly different technique for tight palm muting. The JP12 seems far less forgiving when it comes to wrong placement of my palm. Also, its pickups are closer to the strings, so there is significantly more output and "boominess". On the USA Lead BRT, I usually never turn BASS higher than 1.0. I set OVERDRIVE pretty high (at least 9.0) and INPUT DRIVE is between 6.5 and 7.5 - it might start to flub at higher values. The USA IIC+ BRIGHT can do a BASS at about 2.5 much tighter than the former. When it comes to IRs with the Mesa Mark-models, I prefer the LV-mixes from the OH-HGE-MESA pack in combination with a slightly V-shaped EQ in the AMP-block.

In conclusion, the JP12 seems generally less forgiving when I play sloppy (which I do most of the time, because I suck :mrgreen).

EDIT
Another possibility would be to lower OVERDRIVE and to keep INPUT DRIVE even lower, but use a DRIVE-pedal in front of the AMP-block with a TS808/TS808 MOD, DRIVE and TONE @ 0 and LEVEL very high (above 7.0).

Thank you for sharing your experience and also clear description, well actually I use Inputdrive around 9 and I seldom Overdrive more than 8.50 on Boogies, and from time to time I use SAT switch Auth option Which obliges me to shrink MV, actually the result to my ears is so natural, especially while I'm using OH-HGE-MESA-CH16, on the other hand, turn down the Inputdrive which is a good strategy in order to reducing the Bass response but I'm averse to use Drive pedal infront of amp block because it leads me to wear away from the native feeling of the amp which Axe-Fx ll could provide me, not to say today I just used CK-TEH IRs again and I had felt better in terms of controlling my lowest string bass response when I played palm muting. but I think I will go and pick out Bare Knuckle Pickups ;)

Back
Top Bottom